Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pawnstars Mary Ford/Les Paul-SG for $250K.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawnstars Mary Ford/Les Paul-SG for $250K.

http://www.5min.com/Video/Rare-Les-P...tars-517253404

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mary-Fords-Personal-Gibson-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-History-Channels-Pawn-Stars-/220939792311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337109 afb7

Rick paid $90K and is asking $250K.
    I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

It'll be interesting to see what the reserve is set at. Probably $249,999.99

Comment

I wonder if the guy actually sold it to the pawn shop. I wouldn't put it past them to fake the sale on tv to get free national advertising for it, and in return for doing that Rick would take a cut of the sale.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if the guy actually sold it to the pawn shop. I wouldn't put it past them to fake the sale on tv to get free national advertising for it, and in return for doing that Rick would take a cut of the sale.

No, sane people that know the value of their stuff fly across country to get screwed all the time man. Except for when their asked to do it and get a serious pay check out of it and a nice vacation in Las Vegas for free. Of coarse something is up its tv, wow.

Comment

That guitar is just....WOW. A dream!
            "All metal is muscle memory" - NeoAngelo

Comment

That was cool, I love Dave Attel.

I thought I saw a Pawn Stars where he said he doesn't deal Nazi stuff

Comment

I worked in the pawn business for a few years in Reno and it was interesting to say the least. The profit margins are insane. Definitely a lot of fun though
                ----------------------------------------
                1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
                1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
                1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                2010 Fender American Tele
                2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
                1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
                1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
                Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
                Peavey JSX
                Peavey XXX
                Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
                Orange cabs
                Beer & Whiskey

Comment

There is one Les Paul/Mary Ford album cover where Les has a Goldtop, and Mary has an SG Custom in white, but the truss rod cover reads "Mary Ford Model".
                  Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                  Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                  Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                  Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

How much profit you think that shop pulls in a year?
                    😉

Comment

I just watched that episode the other night. Very nice guitar indeed. I like when the guitar shop dude played it and started going off and Rick was like, "so it works?"
                      ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
                      VTM VANDALS

Originally Posted by cobrahead1030

Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

She always calls up during a dry spell, and ya have to hit it one more time.

Originally Posted by Mr. Brady

This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

Comment

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/videos/pawn-stars-less-is-more#pawn-stars-less-is-more

Episode in question.........
                        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Comment

Fake show is fake.

I'm amazed they don't have to show a disclaimer or something to avoid charges of fraud.

It's one thing to do a reality show that's really "improvisational theater" for entertainment....but the minute you start selling stuff to the public that's on the show, it becomes a commercial and false advertising laws should come into play.

I know for a fact that they often will have a fake actor bring in a guitar from another store and a fake expert will "discover" problems with the sale or "discover" the fantastic treasure before them and that it's all staged.

There's a thread about a "50's Les Paul" episode where the "expert" points out that it's a Norlin Les Paul. The guy bringing it in AND the expert both work for Cowtown guitars. One is a tech and the other an employee. The exact same guitar is listed on their website for sale as a 70's Les Paul.

Another episode shows some vinatge Coke machine that's "restored" but in reality it's an entirely different machine and both are property of the restoration place.

What a scam. This show is a commercial for a working place of buisiness and fraud is being committed on the public in how it represents itself.
                            "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

• jimmy22222
                              jimmy22222 commented
                              Editing a comment

Your a total idiot. Why do people post idiotic threads and claim they "know" somethings fake? If I had a nickel ........ The show is real the sales are real and no "fraud" is being committed. Some people.

these shows are re-enactments.
                            the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

Working...
                            X