Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Posse!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I have really been wanting to try a Duncan Distortion again lately
    Mesa Triple Recto
    Marshall 2203 Clone
    Axe-FX/POD HD500

    Comment


    • #32
      Well, I changed a few parts in my Marshall clone amp, and it is a little quieter now. I backed the gain down slightly, but it is still a lot. It really only hisses now when the gain is over 8. But, with a high gain humbucker, really over 6-7 is stupid gain. I only get it that high when medium output pickups.



      It is sounding pretty damn good now. Most Marshall sounds I like I can get with no external gear.



      I need some better preamp tubes for it though. Actually, I need to order like 30 preamp tubes
      Mesa Triple Recto
      Marshall 2203 Clone
      Axe-FX/POD HD500

      Comment


      • #33
        Happy Birthday to me
        Mesa Triple Recto
        Marshall 2203 Clone
        Axe-FX/POD HD500

        Comment


        • #34
          So Tosh, do you find you have a weird chug sound in the Strat and Charvel since the bridge humbucker is further away from the bridge than normal guitars?



          I always wondered if strats had a weird sound because of this.
          Mesa Triple Recto
          Marshall 2203 Clone
          Axe-FX/POD HD500

          Comment


          • #35






            Quote Originally Posted by Shask
            View Post

            So Tosh, do you find you have a weird chug sound in the Strat and Charvel since the bridge humbucker is further away from the bridge than normal guitars?



            I always wondered if strats had a weird sound because of this.




            Not that I've really noticed. The Tone Zone is just naturally muddier than my other pickups though. Don't have any problems with the SuperD loaded one....
            Gear list
            Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
            Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
            Laney Ironheart 60H
            Jet City JCA22H
            Peavey Transformer 112
            Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
            Digitech RP1000
            Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
            Pictures - Video Clips

            Comment


            • #36
              I thought those Charvels came with Duncans?



              Ive been eye-ballin those today Is the trem blocked off completely? Do you have problems with the neck heel? You got a good deal on yours, didnt you?



              Bridge humbuckers in strats always look like they are too far away from the bridge. Always made me wonder if that made them have a strange tone.
              Mesa Triple Recto
              Marshall 2203 Clone
              Axe-FX/POD HD500

              Comment


              • #37






                Quote Originally Posted by Shask
                View Post

                I thought those Charvels came with Duncans?



                Ive been eye-ballin those today Is the trem blocked off completely? Do you have problems with the neck heel? You got a good deal on yours, didnt you?



                Bridge humbuckers in strats always look like they are too far away from the bridge. Always made me wonder if that made them have a strange tone.




                The "San Dimas"(no pickguard) models have Duncans, and the "So Cal"(pickguard) models have Dimarzios.



                The trem can float, it's just not routed out behind it. I blocked mine though, so it's down only, because I have floating guitars for when I want that.



                The neck heel really isn't an issue. It big, but there aren't that many frets up there anyways. I find it easier to get to the top frets on this than on my Schecter 7 when I had it. I've never had a problem with neckplate heels anyway, though.



                Yeah, stupid deal, $800 brand new.
                Gear list
                Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
                Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
                Laney Ironheart 60H
                Jet City JCA22H
                Peavey Transformer 112
                Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
                Digitech RP1000
                Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
                Pictures - Video Clips

                Comment


                • #38
                  I was gonna check them out today....



                  But...



                  I ran into the Schecter 7 string I have been wanting The Black Hellraiser 7.



                  They had one they had just recently put on the floor. The price was dropped $100, and it was still MIK. If you dont know, Schecter is starting to send everything to China Even their $800 Hellraisers



                  I think thats why the price was dropped, so I think this was one of the last ones before the Chinese ones came in. I figured it was probably a good time to grab one, even though I dont have the money



                  It plays good, sounds good, and has good resonance. Only 1 or 2 paint blemishes. It has the splittable EMG 707TW pickups. I am happy with it
                  Mesa Triple Recto
                  Marshall 2203 Clone
                  Axe-FX/POD HD500

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Bump for our last night.
                    Mesa Triple Recto
                    Marshall 2203 Clone
                    Axe-FX/POD HD500

                    Comment


                    • #40


                      I got a Decimator and Danelectro TOD-1 in the last week.



                      I also ordered a bunch of tubes, and a ton of electronic parts so I can further mod my pedals
                      Mesa Triple Recto
                      Marshall 2203 Clone
                      Axe-FX/POD HD500

                      Comment


                      • #41






                        Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro
                        View Post

                        The "San Dimas"(no pickguard) models have Duncans, and the "So Cal"(pickguard) models have Dimarzios.



                        The trem can float, it's just not routed out behind it. I blocked mine though, so it's down only, because I have floating guitars for when I want that.



                        The neck heel really isn't an issue. It big, but there aren't that many frets up there anyways. I find it easier to get to the top frets on this than on my Schecter 7 when I had it. I've never had a problem with neckplate heels anyway, though.



                        Yeah, stupid deal, $800 brand new.




                        I have been looking at these more and more, and REALLY considering it

                        I think the purple like yours, or the black is my favs.



                        Dont you have a tremol-no in yours? and a D-tuna? sounds good
                        Mesa Triple Recto
                        Marshall 2203 Clone
                        Axe-FX/POD HD500

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I have the trem blocked for down only, and added a D-Tuna, just don't have good newer pics.
                          Gear list
                          Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
                          Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
                          Laney Ironheart 60H
                          Jet City JCA22H
                          Peavey Transformer 112
                          Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
                          Digitech RP1000
                          Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
                          Pictures - Video Clips

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            You just block it with wood?



                            How do you get the wood block to stay in there? I used super glue on my MH, but not too happy about how it worked out.
                            Mesa Triple Recto
                            Marshall 2203 Clone
                            Axe-FX/POD HD500

                            Comment


                            • #44






                              Quote Originally Posted by Shask
                              View Post

                              You just block it with wood?



                              How do you get the wood block to stay in there? I used super glue on my MH, but not too happy about how it worked out.




                              Yeah. I got some craft wood(like popsicle sticks/etc) from wally-world and used gorilla glue.
                              Gear list
                              Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
                              Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
                              Laney Ironheart 60H
                              Jet City JCA22H
                              Peavey Transformer 112
                              Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
                              Digitech RP1000
                              Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
                              Pictures - Video Clips

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                So, you just glued together a bunch of Popsicle sticks? lol



                                I used stacks of pennies in one guitar, and a block of wood in another I sanded down forever to get right.



                                Did you notice an increase in sustain?



                                You said the neck is kind of like a round Fender type profile?
                                Mesa Triple Recto
                                Marshall 2203 Clone
                                Axe-FX/POD HD500

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X