Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

I'm a HUGE fan of Randall amps, always have been, be it S.S. or Tube they are GREAT amps.....

Post pics, list, thoughts, etc....

Join up!!!!

Previous Amps:

1. 6 - Rg100HT

2. 2 - C-200II

3. 4 - Rg100ES

4. 1 - Warhead

5. 4 - RGP1000 preamps

6. 1 - RG80ES

7. 1 - Warhead

8. 2 - Randall RM100

Modules: SL+, Modern, Clean, 1086, XTC, KH1, KH2, KH3, Grail, Treadplate, Top Boost

9. 2 - RG200ES

10. 2 -Lynch Box

The RM was my venture back into Randall after selling off all my Randall gear and wondering over to Mesa Boogie (which I still love). But I always go back to Randall, So Here's to getting back into it.....Got a list of amps I want to get back.

Future Randall Purchases:

1. RG100HT

2. RG100ES

3. X2

O.k. lets hear your stories of Randall amps!

Put it in your sig!!!! wear it proudly.

Man, it's insane how some of you guys here go through amps. One week Mesa, one week Marshall, one week Randall, one week Peavey...

I started using 1980's Randall RG series amps about three years ago and haven't looked back since. I've dabbled a bit, but Randall is my tone. I'm pretty content with it.

Comment

Sign me up. I have an Rt-30 which is kind of blues/country. I am into metal as well as blues/rock so I have a rat to plug into the clean channel. It is serving me well for my first >100$ amp purchase.
      SCHECTER SOCIETY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by anomaly
        View Post

Man, it's insane how some of you guys here go through amps. One week Mesa, one week Marshall, one week Randall, one week Peavey...

I started using 1980's Randall RG series amps about three years ago and haven't looked back since. I've dabbled a bit, but Randall is my tone. I'm pretty content with it.

I've been playing Randall for roughly 20+ years, and in the last year I got on a BAD Mesa kick, and ended up getting rid of all my Randall gear. Oh Well, I'm back!

I have always Loved the Randall stuff, But needed a change and was finally able to pick-up the Mesa gear, and really loved it especially the Mark IV, but alas I sold it to get my Custom Shop Gutierrez, I will have another one, and I traded my Mark III for the RM100, and I'm all into the Randall gear again.

Comment

Bump for the Day crew......

Comment

Randall Army all the way!

RM4 with tweed, plexi, xtc, and 1086

RT2/50 power amp
            http://www.sbgband.com
            Randall RM4 preamp(Clean, Tweed, Plexi, XTC, and 1086 modules), Randall RT2/50 poweramp, Randall 2x12 NXT cabinet, Parker Fly Deluxe, Les Paul Classic Antique, and various Fender Guitars, Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless, Peavey Mics, Rane parametric EQs, Bad Monkey Overdrive and G-Force w/ Ground Control for effects.

Comment

I currently own...

Warhead

Cyclone

RG-80es

Have owned....

RM-100

RH-200

The RH-200 was horrible, but all the others kicked but. The MTS stuff is pretty nice too, but if I were to go the all tube route I would go with mesa or marshall stuff in a heart beat, the randall tone to me will always be their solid state stuff. I think their s.s. sound better than their MTS stuff in my opinion.

I think the RG-80es has become my GO TO amp lately, its got such a sweet thrash tone, its got the mids of a marshall with the smoothness of a mesa.

And I use my warhead for that huge chunk sound for "justice" tones, death metal tones and of course pantera tones. I think the warhead is one of the meanest amps out there once you boost it.

The cyclone is similar to the warhead except its a bit thinner sounding in the mids, it has less warmth to it and overall sounds more s.s. than the warhead. I currently have the cyclone dialed in with alot of upper mid bite for a really aggressive reign in blood tone, and its working really great for that. Its actually the closet I have ever gotten to the reign in blood tone with any amp I have owned.

Sign me up for the randall fan boy club

( although my next amp will be a mesa )
              My mark III settings:

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=...wer+and+EL-34s

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIE666
                View Post

I currently own...

Warhead

Cyclone

RG-80es

Have owned....

RM-100

RH-200

The RH-200 was horrible, but all the others kicked but. The MTS stuff is pretty nice too, but if I were to go the all tube route I would go with mesa or marshall stuff in a heart beat, the randall tone to me will always be their solid state stuff. I think their s.s. sound better than their MTS stuff in my opinion.

I think the RG-80es has become my GO TO amp lately, its got such a sweet thrash tone, its got the mids of a marshall with the smoothness of a mesa.

And I use my warhead for that huge chunk sound for "justice" tones, death metal tones and of course pantera tones. I think the warhead is one of the meanest amps out there once you boost it.

The cyclone is similar to the warhead except its a bit thinner sounding in the mids, it has less warmth to it and overall sounds more s.s. than the warhead. I currently have the cyclone dialed in with alot of upper mid bite for a really aggressive reign in blood tone, and its working really great for that. Its actually the closet I have ever gotten to the reign in blood tone with any amp I have owned.

Sign me up for the randall fan boy club

( although my next amp will be a mesa )

I remember the Warhead getting such a bad rap when they were first released to the public (much like Krank). I heard Dimebag apparently rarely used the amp too, and just used his old Randall rg100ht rack setup most of the time.

I've tried a cyclone though, sounded pretty good to me.

If i ever buy a Warhead, it'll be the X2 version. I hear they're a bit different than the older ones. Most people prefer them.

Comment

Have you ever owned a Century 200, Juggernaut? Not the 200II, the original? I keep hearing they're alot better than than the 200II. Wonder if there is any truth to that?

Comment

I have a little RM20-B with a cap-modded Recto module. It's a fun practice amp, and it records surprisingly well, both mic'd and with the direct output. Would like to try a 1086 module sometime soon.
                    Peters Amplification

Comment

I've got a Randall RG100ES.

I bought it and my 6505 went out the door...never had a SS amp that sounded better when crank it. It projects like a mother, and I can only imagine what a boost will do to it.
                      Your mother.

Comment

I have a grey carpet rg50-112, sounds very good and has the most sustain I have ever heard from a solid state. I have to boost mine with an sd-1, and I'm thinking I'd like to get a closed back 1x12 for it.
                        Randall V2N
                        Peavey 6505
                        Dean D100
                        Marshall 1960B
                        Jackson RRPro w/81&85

EXCELLENT TRANSACTION LIST: Norton666, BYONDtheEMBRACE, BillCheckrules, LUKE978, thefyn, strato-rich, DracoAran, darkcide, rockitsauce, DOUBLEBARRELL(2X), knucklefux Jauggernaut, Daveborn2rock, Guitup, Used666. Orygun, jdj8282, ringecore, senor_penguin, killa J

Comment

rm100 half-stack with Clean, Plexi, SL+, XTC and recto Modules
                          Proud to be an ASH Soul... (Souls of the Amp Simulator Haters Club)... Spread the HATE!

(But the Axe-FX makes me think about changing my sig.)

Comment

View Post

Have you ever owned a Century 200, Juggernaut? Not the 200II, the original? I keep hearing they're alot better than than the 200II. Wonder if there is any truth to that?

No but I've played through one, and I couldnt tell the difference. according to the rep at the time they switched designs said that only the difference besides layout of the eq was fixing some problems with the power section, supposedly the 200s were really unreliable.

alot of the Dimebag freaks will tell you the II doesnt sound anything like the original, but I've played them side by side and can tell you with all honestly, I think they sound exactly the same.

Comment

View Post

I remember the Warhead getting such a bad rap when they were first released to the public (much like Krank). I heard Dimebag apparently rarely used the amp too, and just used his old Randall rg100ht rack setup most of the time.

I've tried a cyclone though, sounded pretty good to me.

If i ever buy a Warhead, it'll be the X2 version. I hear they're a bit different than the older ones. Most people prefer them.

The second version of the warhead ( not the X2 ) is the same amp as the cyclone. The orginal wahead ( has the powerswitch on the back ) has a much warmer, more feel, and more tube like sound than the cyclone and warhead version 2. The orginal warhead kinda sounds like a heavier version of the RG stuff.
                              My mark III settings:

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=...wer+and+EL-34s

Comment

Working...
                              X