Post your rare guitars/amps!

peavey_impact

• Members

I started a thread like this a few months ago in Electric Guitars and some amazing guitars showed up out of the woodwork.

Obscure guitars and amps FTMFW!

So, post your rare guitars/amps, whether they be vintage, limited edition, or one off customs :thu:

And it goes without saying - pics or its a Behringer iAxe/Gorilla combo :cop:

I'll start:

1991 custom shop Starfield (Ibanez) American Cabriolet - hand built by Mace Bailey (same guy who built Steve Vai's original JEM and triple neck heart guitars):

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Starfield guitars are hard to find, period. A custom shop model is almost unheard of. I also have a very unusual Ovation guitar that I'll post further along in the thread.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Top is a j-custom RG7cst, one of 24 in the world.

Middle is a DC747, not sure if a custom carvin counts for this thread or not.

Bottom is a POS RG7420, but at least it's MiJ and my first 7 (and the only guitar my mom ever bought for me, which she did a year before she passed away when I was 29.)

l_8921055e9472ca424e147279d9ac8768.jpg

-W

• Members

Top is a j-custom RG7cst, one of 24 in the world.

Middle is a DC747, not sure if a custom carvin counts for this thread or not.

Bottom is a POS RG7420, but at least it's MiJ and my first 7 (and the only guitar my mom ever bought for me, which she did a year before she passed away when I was 29.)

l_8921055e9472ca424e147279d9ac8768.jpg

-W

So you're saying the RG7CSt is one of 24 in the world, and that's what Wes Borland routed for EMGs? I mean I love EMG's... but fuck, it aint worth routing a guitar for it if it's got a beautiful top AND it's one of 24 in the world. :facepalm:

Either way, I dont own anything rare. So I have nothing to add. The closest thign to rare that I have is my RG3120, and the cork sniffers consider those production line garbage... lol.

• Members

Someone should buy that and send it to FJA for mods. Great amp and even better once modded. Not rare necessarily but under the radar for sure.

i wish they would, cause it's a great amp, but I'm not doin' it any favors letting it gather dust. It hasn't seen the outside world since 2005.

Lee Jackson did a killer job with it. I've only seen a VL-502 head and this halfstack in person in the past 15 years. I loved the 502, so i found and bought this one, and now i just don't use it.

i'm kinda like the cat lady when it comes to this stuff. ;)

• Members

So you're saying the RG7CSt is one of 24 in the world, and that's what Wes Borland routed for EMGs? I mean I love EMG's... but fuck, it aint worth routing a guitar for it if it's got a beautiful top AND it's one of 24 in the world.
:facepalm:

Either way, I dont own anything rare. So I have nothing to add. The closest thign to rare that I have is my RG3120, and the cork sniffers consider those production line garbage... lol.

Yeah, that's what the dumbfuck did. Not only did he route it for 707's, but the process of installing the active electronics rendered the piezo useless, which is the entire point of the cst (7 string double-edge trem).

-W

• Members

not
that
rare, but not super common either:

DSCF0886copy.jpg

(robin medley special)

That's a cool guitar and I really like the natural finish. J from White Zombie used to play a Robin Machete...that's the only Robin I've ever seen in person. I'd love to have a Machete with a spalted maple top...always been on my list but at $2000+...

• Members

In...

I'm not sure how rare some of my stuff is but I have Gold Metallic and Antique White Epiphone Firebird VIIs...

I've only seen two Antique White Epi FB VIIs (one of which I bought) in the past year on Ebay.

And I've seen something like 4 Gold Metallics go in the year on das 'bay.

Pics will have to wait until the Gold one is delivered.

• Members

I sold this last year but it was my Matamp Roadster 120. It was one of, I think, only 21 ever made.

93535506.jpg

And for not-rare, but definitely uncommon, my current rig:

108498000.jpg

The Ibanez is a 95 Ibanez USA Custom USRG10 made before the USA Custom Shop closed its doors. You'll see them for sale sometimes.. just not THAT common. The amp is an Electric Amp (duh) #032 ever made. They're currently up to #091 the last I talked to the company owner... so not many out there.

JoshuaTSP needs to reply to this. He has an amp that is the only ONE exactly like it ever made by Matamp.

Archived