• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by rbasaria
    View Post

It is pretty damned good.

Nice.

I was going to add, if you're trying to lose weight, pay close attention to your sugar intake as well. Thats the secret killer.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Lucius
      View Post

I've lost 20 lbs since Jan7 2011. Trying to get in a shape other than round for my trip to mexico in two weeks. I did it like this:

1) No ****************ing McDonalds. I was addicted to that ****************, it went from every wednesday to every tuesday, thursday.

2) Snacks are basically fruit and cottage cheese (I happen to love the taste of cottage cheese). Never eat fruit without some sort of protein.

3) Started running again 3xweek. 20 min warm up on that eliptical thingy, then a three mile run where the last mile is interval speed training.

4) Weights 2xWeek. Light weight lots of reps with 30 secs inbetween. It sucks but I can see my arm muscles again.

I was 6'0 @ 231 with a 36 waist. Now, I'm 6'0 211-213 depending if I pooped or not before my gym lol and my waist is 32. People are telling me how good I look. Now if only we could find an excercise that would make my dick look bigger woohoo! Cheers, Lucius

PS: My morning shake which is for breakfast and mid morning coffee break:

1cup-blue berries

1/2 cup - some red fruit (strawberries or raspberries)

1 - spotty banana (they are sweeter)

2 cups of milk (lactose free cause I'm alergic to milk)

1 cup of homemade granola crunch stuff

aye, lactose free milk. My gf's mom eats pretty healthy and she drinks it. I remember grabbing a glass of it without thinking about it and took a huge gulp. tastes like sweet coffee creamer. Remember the movie men in black where will smith spits the lemonade back into the glass? That was me.

Comment

• So...you're saying you don't swallow?
        <div class="signaturecontainer">-&quot;Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?&quot;<br />
        -&quot;Hell no, it's when we commit <i>really good</i> crimes.&quot;</div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO
          View Post

So...you're saying you don't swallow?

no, I spit.

Comment

• Mmm, me feels some DOMS today.

Comment

• Im sorry nancy but i have to agree with thefyn.

and yes he is fat, not arguing that.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">LIKE MY BAND : <br />
              <a href="http://facebook.com/execrationer" target="_blank">http://facebook.com/execrationer</a><br />
              <br />
              +Lots of good transactions+</div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi
                View Post

I was going to add, if you're trying to lose weight, pay close attention to your sugar intake as well. Thats the secret killer.

thats an area I need to work on. Ill do great for like 3 days, then I get a ****************ing candy bar....or in last weeks case, 16 ****************ing cadbury creme eggs lol.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

Comment

• For DOMS, I just found this:

Using enzymes to combat DOMS is well established. A study by Innerfield in 1957 examined the anti-inflammatory effects of protease enzyme therapy and showed that protease enzyme supplementation may have anti-inflammatory effects.3 Unfortunately, absorption issues and the destruction of enzymes in the gut have severely limited the effectiveness of traditional anti-DOMS enzyme therapy.

Typically, the absorption rate of orally ingested enzymes is low - with protease enzymes absorption rates ranging between 40% for bromelain and greater for mixed protease products4, and a rate of about 5% absorption for orally ingested sitosterols.5

To solve these absorption difficulties, scientists added the ingredient piperine to enzyme mixtures. They found that piperine - an ingredient extracted from pepper - increased enzyme absorption by up to 60%!6,7

Protease Enzymes:

Protease enzymes are essential because they play an especially important role in the exercise induced muscular inflammation process that causes DOMS.

Protease enzymes include trypsin, bromelain, chymotrypsin and papain, and they help cleanse your blood of excess proteins, prevent invading organisms from attacking your immune system, and they're scientifically proven to inhibit the pro-inflammatory response that leads to DOMS.8,9,10

In addition, protease enzymes inhibit the action of PGE211,12,13 and stimulate anti-inflammatory agents8,14 - leading to less muscle pain from exercise, faster recovery, and a decreased chance of DOMS onset.

Taken from:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south127.htm

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
                    View Post

I made it part of my morning smoothie. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen mixed berries (60 cal IIRC, and 6g of fiber) 1 tblspoon of imported vanilla extract, and 1 serving of crystal lite berry mix (powder), 9 ice cubes and 1 cup of water. It turns out amazing!

oh **************** new modifications...

added:

1 serving of fiber (powder/grain stuff), kind of a citrus taste

and replaced water with 2 cups of Diet green tea with ginseng. ****************in yum!!!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font face="Century Gothic"><br />
                    <a href="http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/" target="_blank">***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***</a></font></div><font face="Century Gothic"><br />
                    <b><u><font size="6">Spam</font></u></b><ul><li>midiman anniversary edition 2x2 - <font color="olive">$50 shipped</font></li>
                    <li>carvin dcm 1500 power amp - <font color="olive">$150 shipped</font></li>
                    </ul><br />
                    <br />
                    </font></div>

Comment

View Post

you sound like a jealous groupie.

I got injured. I haven't lifted in years.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Check out my band &quot;Tock&quot; Debut album coming out soon: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY</a></div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
                        View Post

oh **************** new modifications...

added:

1 serving of fiber (powder/grain stuff), kind of a citrus taste

and replaced water with 2 cups of Diet green tea with ginseng. ****************in yum!!!

Good for avoiding hemorrhoids.

Comment

• I just ****************ing ate Mcdonalds like an hour ago. First time (besides the occasional mcflurry) in a long long time.

I feel like ****************.

On the other hand, my new Merrell Trail Gloves came in today

If I had a blender I would be trying out these shakes you guys are talking about. I am not a shake person at all. My breakfast is usually a small cup of honey bunches of oats with rice milk and/or small bowl of wegmans organic super yogurt with some form of granola mixed in. Sometimes I will add an apple or other piece of fruit.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">HCAF's resident meathead.</div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan1143
                            View Post

I just ****************ing ate Mcdonalds like an hour ago. First time (besides the occasional mcflurry) in a long long time.

I feel like ****************.

On the other hand, my new Merrell Trail Gloves came in today

If I had a blender I would be trying out these shakes you guys are talking about. I am not a shake person at all. My breakfast is usually a small cup of honey bunches of oats with rice milk and/or small bowl of wegmans organic super yogurt with some form of granola mixed in. Sometimes I will add an apple or other piece of fruit.

Kenny's shake is delicious, definitely give it a try. I had about 3 beers a week or 2 ago and got a pound headache followed with feeling like **************** the next day.

Comment

View Post

Kenny's shake is delicious, definitely give it a try. I had about 3 beers a week or 2 ago and got a pound headache followed with feeling like **************** the next day.

I drink a lot so my body is pretty used to the alcohol. I really try to avoid beer though honestly. I love it, it is delicious, it is manly, but that **************** bloats me up and gives me the ****************ing river-of-fire **************************** leakage every morning after. My drink of choice is pretty much Long Islands, Margaritas, Rum and Coke.

Those aren't very healthy, or manly, but I don't really give a **************** honestly

All I need is one drink, and I am ****************ED up (extremely unnaturally low tolerance)
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">HCAF's resident meathead.</div>

Comment

• I usually drink vodka and tonic, but had miller lite and it was goodnight witchdoctor. I never drink anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X