Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a really nice gym you've got there.
    Guns are looking massive man.

You short guys are dicks. "Oh hair I've been doing curls and skullcrushers for two weeks as we'll as upped my jerking it time by 8% and my arms grew 5.5 inches."

Dick.

I'm 5'9", it's not like I'm 5'4".

It's my genetics man, my arms grow like crazy. If I pushed myself and ate right, I could hit 20" arms. As it is, with little work, they're about 16" right now.

I need to up my work ethic. I have ridiculously good genetics. I can grow, cut, and am very very athletic naturally. Unfortunately, most of it is useless because I'm lazy. Too bad that's genetic too...

Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

• Holy friggin guns, Sex Panther! Those are huge!

I'm with K-bizzle - bastard! Mine increase size at roughly the same speed as a glacier moves...
      Octomom is my favorite Xmen

Comment

• Holy friggin guns, Sex Panther! Those are huge!

I'm with K-bizzle - bastard! Mine increase size at roughly the same speed as a glacier moves...

Thanks man!

I have always worked them hard though, good genetics...but I've never neglected my bro muscles.

I think I finally have good Bicep/Tricep/Forearm/Delt symmetry though, which was always an issue I tried to correct.
        Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

• I'm 5'9", it's not like I'm 5'4".

It's my genetics man, my arms grow like crazy. If I pushed myself and ate right, I could hit 20" arms. As it is, with little work, they're about 16" right now.

I need to up my work ethic. I have ridiculously good genetics. I can grow, cut, and am very very athletic naturally. Unfortunately, most of it is useless because I'm lazy. Too bad that's genetic too...

For some reason I thought you were 5'6".
          Good genetics must be nice, I have a couple genetic predispositions but no really enviable ones since they all are unbalanced with one another. (Ex: good shoulders, poor triceps,really poor chest)

I don't think work ethic is genetic at all man. Attitude and the execution of that attitude is the one thing in which we have both the most choice and most control.
          If you're lazy than just admit you're choosing that rather than saying its choosing you.

I say that from personal experience. I forced my work ethic upon myself after years of not getting what I wanted out of life. Of course my body would rather chill in the couch than do all the different **************** I do to reach my goals (both in the gym and out) but I don't sit on that couch because I know what I really would rather have more than that couch requires constant work.

As far as you being lazy I don't white think its true.
          You're doing a band, work, and school right? All while maintaining a relationship and a social life.
          These things eat up time, you're just in time/energy deficit I'm sure. Just keep at it. Don't stop when school starts.
          Make the time, find it wherever you can. If you just keep doing that eventually it just becomes second nature and you do it instinctively.

There's nothing more regrettable than wasted potential, no regrets brother.
          Current Gear
          ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

• For some reason I thought you were 5'6".
            Good genetics must be nice, I have a couple genetic predispositions but no really enviable ones since they all are unbalanced with one another. (Ex: good shoulders, poor triceps,really poor chest)

I don't think work ethic is genetic at all man. Attitude and the execution of that attitude is the one thing in which we have both the most choice and most control.
            If you're lazy than just admit you're choosing that rather than saying its choosing you.

I say that from personal experience. I forced my work ethic upon myself after years of not getting what I wanted out of life. Of course my body would rather chill in the couch than do all the different **************** I do to reach my goals (both in the gym and out) but I don't sit on that couch because I know what I really would rather have more than that couch requires constant work.

As far as you being lazy I don't white think its true.
            You're doing a band, work, and school right? All while maintaining a relationship and a social life.
            These things eat up time, you're just in time/energy deficit I'm sure. Just keep at it. Don't stop when school starts.
            Make the time, find it wherever you can. If you just keep doing that eventually it just becomes second nature and you do it instinctively.

There's nothing more regrettable than wasted potential, no regrets brother.

I see what you're saying. But I'm lazy. Yes, I have a g/f, work, school, band...etc., but I'm also fortunate with school. I never study. So during the semester, I have a lot of free time, and instead of lifting or writing songs, I watch TV and go on facebook.

Comment

• I see what you're saying. But I'm lazy. Yes, I have a g/f, work, school, band...etc., but I'm also fortunate with school. I never study. So during the semester, I have a lot of free time, and instead of lifting or writing songs, I watch TV and go on facebook.

Piece of ****************, **************** you
              HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

• Jeeperz, another secksy beast.
                The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

• Piece of ****************, **************** you

u jelly?

Comment

• I'm 5'9", it's not like I'm 5'4".

**************** you and your arms. I've been putting some serious brocep and tri time in the past few months and my arms aren't as big as yours. I'm also hovering around 180-185 lbs now

15 more lbs. and life goals are shattered. Then I gotta lean up a ton. Congrats on the 315 deadlift. Thats just the beginning of strawnk (I have a powerlifting/genetic freak buddy who mocks me relentlessly about my lifts - he was in a debilitating car wreck and still deadlifts/squats 100+ lbs more than me)

Comment

• I know you'll be smart about this but definitely be sure your doctor thumbs up that sort of thing.
                      While rotator cuff worked helped my shoulders a lot I didn't full on injure mine like you did, who knows maybe your rotator cuff is completely fine and you injured something else.

Just saying make sure this is a good idea before starting it, as I'm sure you know. Just saying...

Thank you sir, good advice. I've had too many consultations, including MRIs etc. The advice has been generic (take it easy, lay off the weights, guage how it feels before going back to weights). I've largely dealt with it thru my own knowledge augmented by wifey's (she's an occupational therapist) and my massage therapist. As mentioned before, it's way better, but range of motion is probably still about only 4/5. Mind you when it happened, and for months after it was 1/5 on a good day -- I couldn't even raise my elbow to a point level with my shoulder without yelping -- putting on, taking off a shirt -- horrible.
                      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

• u jelly?

no, you're fat as ****************

GAINS

HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

• **************** you and your arms. I've been putting some serious brocep and tri time in the past few months and my arms aren't as big as yours. I'm also hovering around 180-185 lbs now

15 more lbs. and life goals are shattered. Then I gotta lean up a ton. Congrats on the 315 deadlift. Thats just the beginning of strawnk (I have a powerlifting/genetic freak buddy who mocks me relentlessly about my lifts - he was in a devilitating car wreck and still deadlifts/squats 100+ lbs more than me)

Thanks. I hover around 170-175 right now, and still could probably lose 10-12 pounds. I'd probably be pretty shredded around 160. I may start to cut again soon, who knows...I change my mind weekly...at least it keeps it interesting and I can stick with it that way.

Comment

• no, you're fat as ****************

GAINS

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At least you made my arm bigger too.

Comment

• After my chest/tri workout. All pump, no flex:

Comment

• Thanks. I hover around 170-175 right now, and still could probably lose 10-12 pounds. I'd probably be pretty shredded around 160. I may start to cut again soon, who knows...I change my mind weekly...at least it keeps it interesting and I can stick with it that way.

Gainz kid. You know you want 'em

EDIT:

I see everyone posting pics, and I feel like I participate enough here to warrant some pictures of my own. I tried about a week ago but couldn't get any self portraits that weren't completely obscured by my hand/cell phone in the mirror - I'm gonna have to actually spend more than 30 seconds trying to get a pic for you bro's.

Comment

Working...
                                X