Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame my lat development solely on close-grip (like, the row handle) pulldowns, but most importantly, dumbbell rows. when those are done with proper form for optimum contraction, your lats will explode, and your shirt will not be able to hold your massive back, and then the sleeves must be removed.
    HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

• Rampage I do Cubans and the DB rotations but I do em standing. Dunno what they're actually called when done like that but I call em door spammers in my head, for obvious reasons.
      Sometimes I even do em on cables.

Either way I always hit the rotator cuff on shoulder day, ever since I did shoulder pain has become a thing of the past.

Same here, I do Cuban rotations with DB and standing external rotations with a cable.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/external-rotation-with-cable

Comment

• I'm going to add two more days of cardio to my workouts. Normaly I lift 4 times a week and do cardio after except on leg days.

Day 1- Shoulders & Triceps, Cardio 25 min.
        Day 2- Back & Calves, Cardio 25 min.
        Day 3- Abs & Cardio 35 min.
        Day 4- Chest & Biceps, Cardio 25 min.
        Day 5- Quads, Hamstrings, & Calves.
        Day 6- Abs & Cardio 35 min.
        Day 7- Rest

Comment

• HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

• http://store.athleteps.com/products/productdetail/Nike+Romaleos+2/part_number=APS476927-160/3976.0.1.1.23495.0.0.0.0?referring_products=pdp|3d a3f7f0de5f8fdda10d32fc76a1ca7d
            Pulled the trigger, they should be arriving friday. We'll se how it goes next Tuesday for leg day.

Comment

• Pulled the trigger, they should be arriving friday. We'll se how it goes next Tuesday for leg day.

cool mine should get here tomorrow or Friday. Will video the squatting for form check

Comment

• cool mine should get here tomorrow or Friday. Will video the squatting for form check
                Looking forward to the vid.

Comment

• I destroyed my chest today. I put up the 95lb dumbbell chest-presses no problem at all. I did db bench, incline bench, flys and incline flys in a very intense fashion, followed by some skull crushers and tricep pushdowns. It felt outstanding.

K-Bizzle, I love lifting. I feel awesome when I'm lifting. It's all you. You can focus on your muscles, your form and the numbers never lie if you're focused. It's ultimate control. Your accomplishments are your own. It's something I look forward to every day I lift. Love it.

Comment

• So here is my new routine, giving up power for now, going back to volume and more cardio. Changing my diet to less of a mass-bulking diet and more of a clean eating diet (police academy is coming, I want to be top-notch to get picked up by the most lucrative dept with most advancement opportunities).

Squats : 5/10/10/20 - First 5 is to failure, this will get my heavy lifting out of the way. The tens are progressive-loading. The 20 will be to failure. This will be followed by hyperextensions/calf raises...Leg press/hamstring curl

Dumbbell bench press : 5/10/10/15. First 5 to failure, tens are progressive loading, 15 is failure. Followed by Barbell decline press, flye, cable crunch, leg raise, cable twists

Deficit Deadlift : 5/5/5/3/10/10. This is pretty loose-structured, but I Want to keep things mildly heavy, and also introduce some volume for a better pump and form concentration and prepare me to pull harder and heavier than ever later.

Pullup : Haven't done these much in the past 8-10 months, want to get back into it. Going about the same as the deadlift routine in reps.

Same goes for overhead press. Going for more volume, more pump, more calories burned.

I am going to do 40 minutes of cardio on my 2 off days during the week. I am sacrificing one off day to do a circuit training workout (think crossfit or something).

20 minutes cardio post workout every training day.

Calories will be at about 3000-3500 depending on the training day, carb cycled.

Comment

• Did back squats and bench today. Stuck in the 3-5 rep range, haven't back squatted in ages, noticed my lower back is the main issue right now so going to work on that and should be good to go. But on another note, my progress lately has been incredible. Been consistently going up in bench, everything as a whole has been going up. Like I said, I only train for strength and power so building a strength foundation then will work on my physique more heavily towards the beginning of the new year. Think I will get some olympic lifting shoes soon though, did you get yours yet Assy? Thinking of getting the same ones. I have worn Rogues before and they didn't fit my feet.

Comment

• I destroyed my chest today. I put up the 95lb dumbbell chest-presses no problem at all. I did db bench, incline bench, flys and incline flys in a very intense fashion, followed by some skull crushers and tricep pushdowns. It felt outstanding.

K-Bizzle, I love lifting. I feel awesome when I'm lifting. It's all you. You can focus on your muscles, your form and the numbers never lie if you're focused. It's ultimate control. Your accomplishments are your own. It's something I look forward to every day I lift. Love it.

Haha **************** dude 95s?
                        I ****************ing wish. Still shooting for 100s by the end of the year but I'm far from it currently.
                        And you were all "I wouldn't have guessed that guy as being smaller than me."
                        Which reminds me, post pics you ****************ing stud muffin.

And its good to see I'm not the only one who feels that way about it. While results and what not are awesome I just love the motions of it. Seriously fun and really helps sharpen your heart and soul as well as the body.
                        Cheapest therapy out there (that I've found).

Never would have thought myself to be that kind of person but I've totally fallen in love with this sport.
                        Current Gear
                        ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

• Nailed the 315 lb deadlift. Feels good man...

Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

• Nailed the 315 lb deadlift. Feels good man...

Congrats, whish my gym had deadlift setup like that.

Comment

• Congrats, whish my gym had deadlift setup like that.

It's actually a pain in the ass with the new squat racks. Used to be easier/better. Oh well.
                              Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

• Looks like a really nice gym you've got there.
                                Guns are looking massive man.

You short guys are dicks. "Oh hai der I've been doing curls and skullcrushers for two weeks as we'll as upped my jerking it time by 8% and my arms grew 5.5 inches."

Dick.
                                Current Gear
                                ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

Working...
                                X