***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Members

I know there's a couple guys on here that are into this stuff. I figured we could have one huge thread dedicated to nutrition, ideas, techniques, meal and lift plans, and encouragement to those trying to gain/lose.

I'll kick it off, I'm currently looking to trim a little around the mid section but gain at the same time.

I've pretty much plateau'd on my weight and I'm on a half ass paleo diet (except I allow potatos, pasta and bread).

Right now after calculating it appears I need about 250-276g protein and a little north of 3500 calories. My problem is getting the protein without enormously overshooting the calorie threshold.

Anyone have some solid high protein low calorie foods/snacks/meals?

I can post my meal plan if I have to.

Let's get this thread built (lol, pun intended)

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My cousin is hard core paleo and has some good recipes that I can ask him for. I'll post him.

I'm not trying to get really big at this point, I'm went from 160 to 185 in the last few months and my lifts have gone way up but I started getting a small gut. I want to get about five more pounds on and then work on the stomach.

• Members

My cousin is hard core paleo and has some good recipes that I can ask him for. I'll post him.

I'm not trying to get really big at this point, I'm went from 160 to 185 in the last few months and my lifts have gone way up but I started getting a small gut. I want to get about five more pounds on and then work on the stomach.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi View Post
I hate that feeling. Whether being sick or traveling; anything that keeps me from working out, makes me feel like {censored}
Im heading to mexico for 7 days, all inclusive... obviously no working out or BJJ, just lots of booze and food icon_lol.gif
Oh yeah, I am competing at the American Cup 1 week after I get back facepalm.gif I plan on cutting 10lbs in a week facepalm.gif

• Members
I hate that feeling. Whether being sick or traveling; anything that keeps me from working out, makes me feel like {censored}
Im heading to mexico for 7 days, all inclusive... obviously no working out or BJJ, just lots of booze and food icon_lol.gif
Oh yeah, I am competing at the American Cup 1 week after I get back facepalm.gif I plan on cutting 10lbs in a week facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
cottage cheese.... srsly. it sucks, but 163 calories for 26g of protein.
or a 4oz chicken breast has 120 calories and 26g of protein (obviously no seasoning)
Total win...only thing that can beat that is artificial supplement stuff...and that prolly has nasty sweetener in and isn't anywhere near as good.....

Lots of {censored}ty little toppers you can add to cottage cheese if you can't stomach it....sunflower seeds and the like.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
cottage cheese.... srsly. it sucks, but 163 calories for 26g of protein.
or a 4oz chicken breast has 120 calories and 26g of protein (obviously no seasoning)
Total win...only thing that can beat that is artificial supplement stuff...and that prolly has nasty sweetener in and isn't anywhere near as good.....

Lots of {censored}ty little toppers you can add to cottage cheese if you can't stomach it....sunflower seeds and the like.

• Members
Man I haven't had cottage cheese in ages, kinda scared of the taste.

Right now I been rocking those chobani yogurts (18g/100cal)

And the Mexico trip, I wish you luck good sir facepalm.gificon_lol.gif
yeah, it will be rough. I have been keeping my walking weight at about 2lbs over competing weight, so I could {censored} and make weight, but I know I will do some serious damage on this trip...

As for cottage cheese, I am a texture freak so I need to mix it with something. I made it part of my morning smoothie. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen mixed berries (60 cal IIRC, and 6g of fiber) 1 tblspoon of imported vanilla extract, and 1 serving of crystal lite berry mix (powder), 9 ice cubes and 1 cup of water. It turns out amazing!

• Members
Man I haven't had cottage cheese in ages, kinda scared of the taste.

Right now I been rocking those chobani yogurts (18g/100cal)

And the Mexico trip, I wish you luck good sir facepalm.gificon_lol.gif
yeah, it will be rough. I have been keeping my walking weight at about 2lbs over competing weight, so I could {censored} and make weight, but I know I will do some serious damage on this trip...

As for cottage cheese, I am a texture freak so I need to mix it with something. I made it part of my morning smoothie. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen mixed berries (60 cal IIRC, and 6g of fiber) 1 tblspoon of imported vanilla extract, and 1 serving of crystal lite berry mix (powder), 9 ice cubes and 1 cup of water. It turns out amazing!

Archived