The Engl Thread

LIAR-502

• Members

ok, in this thread post everything you can on engl amps. Comments, clips, thoughts, pics whatever.

I've got the Screamer head and i'm totally in love with the damn thing, its great, perfect for the music my band plays (rock/hard rock)

i was going to get a marshall or something for a backup but now i'm so in love with the engl i'm going for a powerball to cover the metal side of things

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by LordRiffenstein

My excuses for the little one in the middle but it's for sale so no worries
:p

Nah, use them Engls to slave that EL34 combo :D

And do you always need that accu-screw-driver when gigging? :p

(its very nice, Yoeri - the two halfstacks)

• Members

Yeah, he does tricks with the motor next to his pickups like Paul Gilbert use too with the cordless drill. I guess the slower motor gives you more time if your hair accidentally gets caught in it, compared to the drill.... Hey it happened to Paul once....

• Members

Originally posted by LIAR-502

ok, in this thread post everything you can on engl amps. Comments, clips, thoughts, pics whatever.

I've got the Screamer head and i'm totally in love with the damn thing, its great, perfect for the music my band plays (rock/hard rock)

i was going to get a marshall or something for a backup but now i'm so in love with the engl i'm going for a powerball to cover the metal side of things

I had a Powerball. I like the Screamer + Boss SD-1 better than the Powerball for the "metal side of things". Have you tried this?

• Members

Bad assed rig bro', {censored}. Is that the new XXL Engl cab under that SE or what? If so please give a review for us Engl freaks. Does sound huge or what.

I am dying to get back to my SE back at school in Nashville, you know my valvestate combo just doesn't do for me at my parents place!

Evan

• Members

Originally posted by LordRiffenstein

Sorry for the offtopic but how do you like that Framus guitar? I always loved the look of those, a cross between a tele and a lp.

I really love that guitar. Its a Framus Panthera Custom. I'm not a big guitar expert but i think that you wont find a lot of other guitars in that price range that are of similar or even better quality (at least not here in Germany). It plays like a dream. Has a very nice warm and clear sound and sustains forever (even tho the action is set really low right from the factory). The Seymore Duncan pickups seem to be the perfect match for the guitar's natural sound.

I think everyone who gets a chance should try a Framus guitar.

Archived