The Engl Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sekler
    Hey guys,

i'd like to know which company could be comparable to Engl in term of build quality and reliability ? Mesa ?

I'll be an Engl owner soon and I'm looking around a bit.

thanks !

hey Derek, would you be able to answer that question ?

it would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by sekler

hey Derek, would you be able to answer that question ?

it would be appreciated

Regarding build quality and reliability. I'm not a tech but alot of people think the build quality is mediocre at best but I have been a dealer for over 2 year's now and have sold more Engl product's than anyone. I have as of yet had a customer contact me about any problem's with their amp's(Knock on wood). I'm sure I would of heard if a major repaIR was needed cause I handle all warranty repair reimbursement's for my personal customers. So with me I have not had a problem with my any of my amp's either except a power tube that went south and microphonic preamp tubes. They have a great track record from my experience.

Derek
      www.bernierrealestate.com

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB
        I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know.

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Derek

Oh THAT, old news I hear they are working on some cool stuff!
        Dr. Gearhead honoris causae LordRiffenstein

RacksRock-forum

Originally posted by Digital Jams
        It feels like I should just hang on threads that start with "jam", that word is like an anti moron filter.

Member Clikski Vladski

Comment

Regarding build quality and reliability. I'm not a tech but alot of people think the build quality is mediocre at best but I have been a dealer for over 2 year's now and have sold more Engl product's than anyone. I have as of yet had a customer contact me about any problem's with their amp's(Knock on wood). I'm sure I would of heard if a major repaIR was needed cause I handle all warranty repair reimbursement's for my personal customers. So with me I have not had a problem with my any of my amp's either except a power tube that went south and microphonic preamp tubes. They have a great track record from my experience.

Derek

Let me add my personal experience. My savage 120 has seen about 150 gigs and at least 200 rehearsals + studio time + home playing in the past 4.5 years and I've only had to replace the tubes a couple of times, no other issues whatsoever (knock on wood).
          Dr. Gearhead honoris causae LordRiffenstein

RacksRock-forum

Originally posted by Digital Jams
          It feels like I should just hang on threads that start with "jam", that word is like an anti moron filter.

Member Clikski Vladski

Comment

Ive used Engl Screamer head for 6 months or a lil bit more and i recently replaced it with a 2ch triple rectifier. I'm sure if ive tried el-34s with it, id really like the sound but the extra options on the recto are superb IMHO. I will always have respect for Engls for their great sounds and quality though. Great amps!

Comment

bought this from the same place sickb0y and his mate got his engl from. Ask for Craig at Parramatta Music
              Why does Mesa hate Australia?

Comment

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Derek

VH4

Comment

Derek

thanks mucho !

Comment

How come everyone else's fireballs have smaller knobs than mine?
                    Shinin' up a chicken in the mornin' mornin'

Comment

show us a pic ? how old is it?
                      Why does Mesa hate Australia?

Comment

See? Big chickens!
                        The other FBs I see have small knobs like on a powerball. Mine's about 2 or 3 years old. And it's microphonic

Comment

Crap!! its true!! your's got big chickens
                          Korg DTR-1000
                          Rocktron Voodu Valve online
                          VHT 2562
                          Framus CS2x12
                          Ibanez S5470
                          Ibanez JEM 7VSBL
                          Jackson PS-2 (black)
                          New York's so pretty at this time of night

-Pro-Pain-

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza Combo
                            Crap!! its true!! your's got big chickens

I'd be proud, if it wasn't unplayably microphonic

Comment

Even though I own a Fireball, I wish I had another ENGL or 3! I need some pics and clips too.

Comment

Bump.

Just to fix my ENGL addiction.

Peace

Slay
                                Peace

Slay

"You will do what I say when I say
                                Back to the Front!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X