Marshall JCM900 SLX

Benson1040

• Members

I have an ungigged Marshall SLX 100 valve head which i'm looking to part-ex for something a little more to my tastes. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome amp but i'm leaning towards a twin channel (DSL or similar). It's about 10 years old and in mint condition.

I've tried to research the amp for it's current value to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of its worth so i'm not likely to get ripped off.

Thanks

• Members

The SLX is generally regarded as the best model in JCM900 series. Stripped down, raw, more closely connected to the JCM800 series in perfomance, tone and features.

In great shape the SLX used to bring about $650. I agree with darkmetal/ that $550 is about top price for them today.

The Marshall forum might have more information on current prices.

• Members

Alton wrote:

The SLX is generally regarded as the best model in JCM900 series. Stripped down, raw, more closely connected to the JCM800 series in perfomance, tone and features.

In great shape the SLX used to bring about $650. I agree with darkmetal/ that $550 is about top price for them today.

The Marshall forum might have more information on current prices.

This. I used to be the poor man's jcm 800 back when the 800s started to get extremely popular/hyped/pricey. The fact that a DSL50 and jvm, which can do the same thing and maybe better (more gain, 'real' switchable channels, etc), can now be found used for $600ish (right?), might get in the way of fetching $650 for your SL-X. Still an underrated Marshall classic impo. If you ask me, two real seperate channels would've made it a tough competitor for the 2205...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived