Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM900 SLX

I have an ungigged Marshall SLX 100 valve head which i'm looking to part-ex for something a little more to my tastes. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome amp but i'm leaning towards a twin channel (DSL or similar). It's about 10 years old and in mint condition.

I've tried to research the amp for it's current value to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of its worth so i'm not likely to get ripped off.

Thanks

I paid about $550 for mine used a handful of years ago. It is mint too. I would expect $550 would be about high end for those unless for some reason they have went berserk in the last couple of years but doubt it.
    My gear thread:
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
    www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
    www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
    www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
    webcast of ZED:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

The SLX is generally regarded as the best model in JCM900 series. Stripped down, raw, more closely connected to the JCM800 series in perfomance, tone and features.

In great shape the SLX used to bring about $650. I agree with darkmetal/ that $550 is about top price for them today.

The Marshall forum might have more information on current prices.

'78 Hamer Sunburst, Gibson LP Special, Electra X410, Fender StratFender "The Twin", '78 Fender Twin, Bugera V22, Marshall JTM 30, Marshall DSL 40C

Comment

• thom
        thom commented
        Editing a comment

Alton wrote:

The SLX is generally regarded as the best model in JCM900 series. Stripped down, raw, more closely connected to the JCM800 series in perfomance, tone and features.

In great shape the SLX used to bring about $650. I agree with darkmetal/ that $550 is about top price for them today.

The Marshall forum might have more information on current prices.

This. I used to be the poor man's jcm 800 back when the 800s started to get extremely popular/hyped/pricey. The fact that a DSL50 and jvm, which can do the same thing and maybe better (more gain, 'real' switchable channels, etc), can now be found used for $600ish (right?), might get in the way of fetching $650 for your SL-X. Still an underrated Marshall classic impo. If you ask me, two real seperate channels would've made it a tough competitor for the 2205...

l give you 2$ for it final offer.

Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
      Like me on facebook
      Follow me on twitter

Comment

Do you still have this amp available?

Comment

The Marshall biggest mistake outside of the DSL401

Comment

• Sir Don
            Sir Don commented
            Editing a comment

Biggest mistake?  Not sure where that one came from, the SLX's are great amps.

Working...
        X