What would you use ???

Kerry67

• Members

I have an old Silvertone 1465 solid state amp from the 60's.  I love it (wish it were tube) but I am looking to get some cool tones.  What effects would you use ?  I like a nice dirty blues/rock tone.  Also, I will be running my cigar box guitars through it as well and want a nice nasty tone.  Been out of the loop as far as effects and getting back into getting some gear.

• Members

With that old solid state silvertone amp and the cigar box, I wouldn't worry too much about pedals...

If you like what you're getting out of that gear, the last thing you need is pedal advice from a bunch of snobby boutique junkies:p

Maybe try a handfull of the most common dirt pedal types so you could narrow it down, and find out exactly what you're after? 

Tubescreamer: Bad monkey

Rat: Mooer Black secret

Muff: EHX BMP

Etc etc :)

Since you're into blues/rock, I guess the most obvious options might be tubescreamers and other somewhat clear/sharp/mid sounding low gain peds. I've got an OD-1 which is kind of a variation on the TS thing. Should sound nasty enough when pushing an already grainy edgy amp I guess.

• Members

Welll...this sounds like trolling to me...lol. 60's silvertone, cigar box guitar "cool tones" Nice dirty blues nice nasty tones.

But want FX what would you use?

Well mkay then!  thom makes a good point. We want to rely on the innernez to make good decisions for us. It does not replace doing your own sweat, blood tears and cash.

You using the silvertone for clean and distortion? If not...Start there. Rat, Tube Screamer, or Boss Turbo OD. You'll want a volume/wah pedal- Cry Baby or Morely. You'll need some swirl so probably just go with the Rocktron Hypnoflange as well as the H&K Rotosphere for versatility. For delay...I'd probaly go with the Boss DD3 or for more vintage sound the Boss RE 20

• Members

Kerry67 wrote:

I have an old Silvertone 1465 solid state amp from the 60's.  I love it (wish it were tube) but I am looking to get some cool tones.  What effects would you use ?  I like a nice dirty blues/rock tone.  Also, I will be running my cigar box guitars through it as well and want a nice nasty tone.  Been out of the loop as far as effects and getting back into getting some gear.

if you love it why do you wish it were tube?

Archived