good clean power for less Heads up!

bluesmann

• Members

tripp-lite

spike suppressor. When our other models

I found a Voltage regulator that gives you a constant 120V from a capture range like 85 to 140 with all the other goodies, spike , line noise filter etc. in a rackmount unit by Tripp-Lite. Plus it handles up to 2400 watts, almost twice that of furmans AR1215 which now goes for around 500 bucks.

Get this!!! the tripp-Lite unit is 250.00  I ordered two units without blinking an eye. Furmans unit take up 1 rack space, the Tripp-lite takes up 3 rack spaces but its shallow in depth about half of Furmans. I've had the Tripp-Lite for about 6 months now and their working fine.

You always run into clubs with low voltage and those nights when the amp doesn't sound quite right or all of a sudden things sound different for better or worse, its probably  voltage fluctuations.

Hey! I like to protect my gear anyway and if I can control things rate down to the fuel my amp gets I'm in!

If you've been seeking something like this, Tripp- Lite is whipping furman's butt in spec's and at half the price. you can't beat that.

• Members

Steve2112 wrote:

Good post....we sometimes overlook the importance of clean reliable power to our guitar amplifiers.

I wonder if they have somethign that isn't rackmount...like a throw on the floor thingy.

I think there is but you have to keep an eye on the wattage. I wouldn't want to work them rate up to their limit. The unit is 20 amp and up to 2400watts. The Furman is 15 amp 1400watts. The cable that plugs into the wall on the Tripp is about 10 feet of 12 gauge..Most electrical products draw 120 VAC. Most electrical circuit breakers are rated at 20A. 20x120=2,400; therefore, you can plug 2,400W of equipment into most AC wall outlets

Archived