Spam Thread 12/17/2012

justcrash

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys,

Gotta sell some stuff to pay for bills unfortunately.

Mesa 2:90 Power Amp : Excellent condition, used only a few times. Tubes have plenty of life left on them. $600 + Shipping.
Axe-FX Ultra : Great condition. Used only in the studio. A couple of scratches around the ears from mounting it to the racks. Haven't updated it since 10.01, but easy enough if need be. $1500 + shipping.

No trades please. Can't pay dem billz with gear.
Paypal or bank draft/money order. CDN$. Will ship to the main US states.

For references, I've dealt and am rather good friends with our resident Curtis.Fagan, and I'm fairly sure I've sold things to superflyinmonke. Probably a few others.

PM me for pictures. I can take them upon request, no need to muddle up this thread.

• Members

Hey guys,

Gotta sell some stuff to pay for bills unfortunately.

Mesa 2:90 Power Amp : Excellent condition, used only a few times. Tubes have plenty of life left on them. $600 + Shipping.
Axe-FX Ultra : Great condition. Used only in the studio. A couple of scratches around the ears from mounting it to the racks. Haven't updated it since 10.01, but easy enough if need be. $1500 + shipping.

No trades please. Can't pay dem billz with gear.
Paypal or bank draft/money order. CDN$. Will ship to the main US states.

For references, I've dealt and am rather good friends with our resident Curtis.Fagan, and I'm fairly sure I've sold things to superflyinmonke. Probably a few others.

PM me for pictures. I can take them upon request, no need to muddle up this thread.

• Members

Great sounding amp from 2007 (Pre Peavey). I currently have 6550s in the power section.

Some minor scuffs in the tolex and I have previously had a resistor replaced and an 12at7 put in the phase inverter.

$1050 shipped/paypal'd . Ebay reference name is etohk 100% positive.

Thanks!

002-1.jpg
001-1.jpg

• Members

Great sounding amp from 2007 (Pre Peavey). I currently have 6550s in the power section.

Some minor scuffs in the tolex and I have previously had a resistor replaced and an 12at7 put in the phase inverter.

$1050 shipped/paypal'd . Ebay reference name is etohk 100% positive.

Thanks!

002-1.jpg
001-1.jpg

• Members
10f95w8.jpg
1zf7bsi.jpg
34zg5k8.jpg
2sbkio2.jpg
You are looking at a converted 5150 combo. It is now a 60 watt head. I bought this off of another forum. Full disclosure/details:
This is the 5150 combo. 60watts, 6L6 tubes. Newer JJs from what forumite that sold it to me said. Everything on it works, but one thing I noticed is the reverb is very weak. Not sure if it is meant to be subtle or what. Amp was mildly damaged in shipping. The "professional" packing store was not very professional. The chassis shifted slightly in transit and as a result, presence pot was bent a few degrees. I had presence pot replaced and everything is back in working order. Comes with footswitch.

Cosmetically speaking, it's obviously ugly. I would say 5 out of 10 in all honesty. I had the sides sawed down to make the headshell flat so it could sit on a 4x12 as it should. There is obviously no tolex on those edges as the picture shows. There is also one side handle and the middle handle but not the left most handle. The pictures show the condition. I have the back cover for the head but it was off at the time. I will reattach it obviously before sending. Ugliness aside, it sounds great. Rhythm channel can do a great clean tone and the lead channel is excellent as well.

• Members
10f95w8.jpg
1zf7bsi.jpg
34zg5k8.jpg
2sbkio2.jpg
You are looking at a converted 5150 combo. It is now a 60 watt head. I bought this off of another forum. Full disclosure/details:
This is the 5150 combo. 60watts, 6L6 tubes. Newer JJs from what forumite that sold it to me said. Everything on it works, but one thing I noticed is the reverb is very weak. Not sure if it is meant to be subtle or what. Amp was mildly damaged in shipping. The "professional" packing store was not very professional. The chassis shifted slightly in transit and as a result, presence pot was bent a few degrees. I had presence pot replaced and everything is back in working order. Comes with footswitch.

Cosmetically speaking, it's obviously ugly. I would say 5 out of 10 in all honesty. I had the sides sawed down to make the headshell flat so it could sit on a 4x12 as it should. There is obviously no tolex on those edges as the picture shows. There is also one side handle and the middle handle but not the left most handle. The pictures show the condition. I have the back cover for the head but it was off at the time. I will reattach it obviously before sending. Ugliness aside, it sounds great. Rhythm channel can do a great clean tone and the lead channel is excellent as well.

• Members

Alright guys, don't post here too much, but I figure I'll give it a shot. This is stuff I need to sell off to get some money for Christmas, a lot of it I don't want to get rid of but, well, I need to.

Up for sale we have the following (all prices ARE negotiable):

100_04791.jpg

On the left, a Phase 90 derived phaser, with an added depth knob. $80 shipped. Does the slow, deep phase and the rotary-esque stuff equally well, and has served me well playing live for over a year now. Built by local builder Sean Ryan Custom.

Next over, a Colorsound Power Boost/Overdriver clone, also by Sean Ryan Custom. $100 shipped. Massive clean boost to fuzzy overdrive to full-out fuzz; mainly designed to boost a nice tube amp into overdrive though, and with the added advantage of very powerful treble and bass controls. I've never been able to use it to its full potential, unfortunately, and I don't think I will in the near future, so all the better for you folks.

Next over, a Boss OD-1 Overdrive. $180 shipped. A favorite of Pete Townshend, I believe. Exceedingly tweedy in character, not particularly smooth in the same way a Tubescreamer is. Just a really nice sound. Discontinued since '85.

On the right, a BBE Wah pedal. $90 shipped. Based on the vintage Vox wahs, with an added Q control on the side and (very importantly) an indicator LED. Does the David Gilmour "seagull" thing when you plug it in backwards, so it is indeed a vintage-correct circuit. A really nice wah.

• Members

Alright guys, don't post here too much, but I figure I'll give it a shot. This is stuff I need to sell off to get some money for Christmas, a lot of it I don't want to get rid of but, well, I need to.

Up for sale we have the following (all prices ARE negotiable):

100_04791.jpg

On the left, a Phase 90 derived phaser, with an added depth knob. $80 shipped. Does the slow, deep phase and the rotary-esque stuff equally well, and has served me well playing live for over a year now. Built by local builder Sean Ryan Custom.

Next over, a Colorsound Power Boost/Overdriver clone, also by Sean Ryan Custom. $100 shipped. Massive clean boost to fuzzy overdrive to full-out fuzz; mainly designed to boost a nice tube amp into overdrive though, and with the added advantage of very powerful treble and bass controls. I've never been able to use it to its full potential, unfortunately, and I don't think I will in the near future, so all the better for you folks.

Next over, a Boss OD-1 Overdrive. $180 shipped. A favorite of Pete Townshend, I believe. Exceedingly tweedy in character, not particularly smooth in the same way a Tubescreamer is. Just a really nice sound. Discontinued since '85.

On the right, a BBE Wah pedal. $90 shipped. Based on the vintage Vox wahs, with an added Q control on the side and (very importantly) an indicator LED. Does the David Gilmour "seagull" thing when you plug it in backwards, so it is indeed a vintage-correct circuit. A really nice wah.

Archived