H&K Switchblade Combo Fizz!?

Zhorellski

• Members

I agree with bluesman....If you are playing very quietly....you may notice some "fizz" or digital aritifacts. When you play a note and let it fade out....you don't hear it right away, but the room is very quiet and the note starts fading you can notice it....and underlying sizz or fizz.

When you turn it up and get it "in the mix"...crashing cymbals and thumping bass and righteous riffs....you won't even notice.

• Members

It's the 50 watts, I've tried using the channel volume as the master and lowered the main master like someone suggested on the Recto Fizz thread, still fizzy!?
I think fizziness are in the power section too? I tried my Randall RM4 preamps, raised the master volume high, fizzy as a bee.. Lowered the master volume and crank the ext preamp, better result.. I'm just gonna return it to GC..

• Members

Try a different speaker. V30 is too meh for that amp. I use mine with Marshall GB loaded cab and it sounds a lot better.

You also have to balance the volumes and gains and create presets of those levels for each channel. 

Did you try H&K's website and view their control preset layouts?

• Members

Zhorellski wrote:

It's the 50 watts, I've tried using the channel volume as the master and lowered the main master like someone suggested on the Recto Fizz thread, still fizzy!?

I think fizziness are in the power section too? I tried my Randall RM4 preamps, raised the master volume high, fizzy as a bee.. Lowered the master volume and crank the ext preamp, better result.. I'm just gonna return it to GC..

It's too bad you don;t like it, but yeah...might as well return it.

I'm not sure you're doing it right though. "Fizzy as a bee"? Just doesn't sound right. I suppose it could be a defective unit. People talk about Fender Mustang being fizzy, and I don't hear it. I've got clips to prove it.

Any chance you could make a quick clip before returning? I've also got clips of the Switchblade head, we can share and compare.

Archived