Will it be redundant to get this amp?

IrvOnly

• Members

Hi All,

I have got a chance to trade my Randall RH 100 G2 head plus cash on my end (500$) for a Peavey 6505 Head (non plus). 

I do believe it's a better amp than the randall but I am unsure on making the trade because of the amps I already have. ( Modded Peavey VTM 60 and Engl E530) 

Do you think It will be a good thing to get it or will it be "Redundant" to the amps I already have? I never really had the chance to play around with this amp but heard many many good things about it.

Could you also mention famous people/records/bands using it? 

Any input on this will be appreciated. 

Thanks !! 

• Members

IrvOnly wrote:

Hi All,

I have got a chance to trade my Randall RH 100 G2 head plus cash on my end (500$) for a Peavey 6505 Head (non plus). 

I do believe it's a better amp than the randall but I am unsure on making the trade because of the amps I already have. ( Modded Peavey VTM 60 and Engl E530) 

Do you think It will be a good thing to get it or will it be "Redundant" to the amps I already have? I never really had the chance to play around with this amp but heard many many good things about it.

Any input on this will be appreciated. 

Thanks !! 

Why would that matter to you?

• Members

From a price/value standpoint the Peavey is worth more. But the Randall SS amps have a huge fanbase. I've never heard a SS amp with so much bottom end. But you make a good point. You should try them both side by side and see what you think. It's not going to sound like your VTM (a personal favorite) or your Engl.

Archived