OT: For those with an interest in the inner workings of reality

OverDriven

• Members

Don't worry...it not another pot/drug thread! I came across this page the other night and though I would share it. Physics, quantum machanics, string theory, relativity, and things like that always have fascinated me. This is a 3 hour series that discusses it in depth, and in layman's terms. The 3 hours are arranged into columns and are split into 5 minute segments. Check out the left most column first.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Don't worry...it not another pot/drug thread! I came across this page the other night and though I would share it. Physics, quantum machanics, string theory, relativity, and things like that always have fascinated me. This is a 3 hour series that discusses it in depth, and in layman's terms. The 3 hours are arranged into columns and are split into 5 minute segments. Check out the left most column first.

-Joe

Sweet.....thanks.

Things are very clear when it's presented in a manner that's easily digested.:)

• Members

100 years ago that pretty much had everything wrong...and 100 years before that they pretty much had everything wrong...what makes people believe they have it right now? Because the generaton living in the time thinks they have all the answers

Like you guys..I have read this stuff before in depth...but I ever forget how arrogant these guys are.

• Members

*bump* for this...

I kind of disagree w/ the comment that the guys are arrogant though, they are talking about the formulas being elegant. AcidDaughter and I watched the first 3 episodes and the guys were kind of like 'we aren't there yet but it's interesting how we are moving towards what seems to be a point'.

We'll see if they get there and make the point but I think that stuff like this is very interesting. As did AcidDaughter, who's in first grade and mentioned that Alexander and Jay think that boys are smarter than girls....

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

-Joe

great thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..:)

answerd some questions...excellent..

• 7 years later...

Archived