AMT R1 pedal

vickno

• Members

I know it's supposed to go in the RETURN of the amp, but how to use it with others pedals that are supposed to be in the effects loop (delay, chorus) ? Noob question, I know :facepalm:

Right now, my rig is: guitar--tuner--wah--overdrive--noise suppresor--Peavey Classic30 combo (delay and chorus in the effects loop). Do I simply have to place the R1 in the FX-loop before the delay ?

• Members

I know that, but the problem is that on AMT site they say the connection should be guitar---R1---amp effects-loop return, not guitar---amp input and R1 in the effects-loop, do you know what I mean ?

The go guitar---r1---effects---loop return

• Members

guitar>tuner>wah>R1>gate>(delay/chorus)>return

I don't get it, only delay and chorus are in the loop ? If yes, that's not good, R1 must be connected to the amp's FX loop return. Or do you mean I will not use the amp input at all and all the pedals go the Return ?

• Members

You do not plug into the front input at all. Took me a second to wrap my head around it too. I'm going guitar>tuner>OD boost>delay>Noisegate>return.

There is some weirdness going on due to the circuitry of my amp and the presence control is taken out of the circuit when I run into the return but I can still get useable cleans out of it.

• Members

I don't get it, only delay and chorus are in the loop ? If yes, that's not good, R1 must be connected to the amp's FX loop return. Or do you mean I will not use the amp input at all and all the pedals go the Return ?

You're not using the amp input.

Guitar - Tuner - Wah - input of R1

Output of R1 - Gate - Chorus - Delay

Output of Delay - fx return.

• Members

You should still have a clean signal with the R1 off...

EDIT: Do not connect anything to the Send either or it will sound like donkey ass.

What amp do you have ? Did you try to place the R1 in the effects-loop (using both SEND and RETURN) and sounded that bad ?

• Members

Please try the full loop too and report back how it sounds compared to R1--->Return.

Not to sound dickly, but why do you want him to "report" back, when you could just take 10 minutes and try every possible option listed here, and choose which one YOU like the best?

• Members

Not to sound dickly, but why do you want him to "report" back, when you could just take 10 minutes and try every possible option listed here, and choose which one YOU like the best?

Because I haven't bought the pedal yet. :poke:

• Members

the amt pedals are great

they are preamps

if you bought a mesa triaxis or marshall jmp1 or engl e570 would you be bitching that you cant plug them into the front of your amp?

Also, if you cant figure out where to put pedals that are designed to go in front of your preamp vs those that go between preamp and power amp, perhaps this preamp pedal is not for you

• Members

the amt pedals are great

they are preamps

if you bought a mesa triaxis or marshall jmp1 or engl e570 would you be bitching that you cant plug them into the front of your amp?

Also, if you cant figure out where to put pedals that are designed to go in front of your preamp vs those that go between preamp and power amp, perhaps this preamp pedal is not for you

He might just be an older guy who never had to deal with preamps.

Archived