No announcement yet.

AMT R1 pedal

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT R1 pedal

I know it's supposed to go in the RETURN of the amp, but how to use it with others pedals that are supposed to be in the effects loop (delay, chorus) ? Noob question, I know
    Right now, my rig is: guitar--tuner--wah--overdrive--noise suppresor--Peavey Classic30 combo (delay and chorus in the effects loop). Do I simply have to place the R1 in the FX-loop before the delay ?

Place time based effects AFTER the R1 in your loop. So FX Send---R1--delay----chorus---fx return.

That's the general rule of thumb. Time based after the preamp.
    Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

I know that, but the problem is that on AMT site they say the connection should be guitar---R1---amp effects-loop return, not guitar---amp input and R1 in the effects-loop, do you know what I mean ?

Comment

The R1 is a preamp so it has to go into the fx return of your amp thus bypassing your amp's preamp section.

No idea how the fx placement should go.
        You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I know that, but the problem is that on AMT site they say the connection should be guitar---R1---amp effects-loop return, not guitar---amp input and R1 in the effects-loop, do you know what I mean ?

The go guitar---r1---effects---loop return
          Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

guitar>tuner>wah>R1>gate>(delay/chorus)>return
            no more sig

Comment

This sound about right.

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I don't get it, only delay and chorus are in the loop ? If yes, that's not good, R1 must be connected to the amp's FX loop return. Or do you mean I will not use the amp input at all and all the pedals go the Return ?

Comment

You do not plug into the front input at all. Took me a second to wrap my head around it too. I'm going guitar>tuner>OD boost>delay>Noisegate>return.

There is some weirdness going on due to the circuitry of my amp and the presence control is taken out of the circuit when I run into the return but I can still get useable cleans out of it.

Comment

I don't get it, only delay and chorus are in the loop ? If yes, that's not good, R1 must be connected to the amp's FX loop return. Or do you mean I will not use the amp input at all and all the pedals go the Return ?

You're not using the amp input.

Guitar - Tuner - Wah - input of R1

Output of R1 - Gate - Chorus - Delay

Output of Delay - fx return.

Comment

That means I will not be able to use the clean channel of the amp...that sucks. And I don't know why AMT didn't include the Rectifier in the Drive pedal series...

Comment

You should still have a clean signal with the R1 off...

EDIT: Do not connect anything to the Send either or it will sound like donkey ass.

Comment

You should still have a clean signal with the R1 off...

EDIT: Do not connect anything to the Send either or it will sound like donkey ass.

What amp do you have ? Did you try to place the R1 in the effects-loop (using both SEND and RETURN) and sounded that bad ?

Comment

I have a Carvin X100-b and yes, using the full loop the AMT's are unusable. I have the S1 and absolutely love it btw

Comment

I'm finally gonna get to use my new R1 today.....through the loop of my Prosonic. I'm expecting epic things
                              Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Working...
                              X