Can tubes affect reverb?

CM1000

• Members

Originally posted by CM1000

well, thanks for the bump

I gave you a bump on your penis?

Try replacing the tube closest to the reverb transformer. There's usually a tiny little transformer for reverb in line with the tubes on old Fenders. It'll probably be the last tube before the PI.

Oh, and it'll probably be a 12AT7 too.

• Members

Hmmm... Well, it could be (not always) the one right before the phase inverter. So, let's say you are looking at your chassis. There is a big transformer to your left, right? Or maybe it's your right, right? Maybe... Anyhow, let's say it's to the left. Well, you will have like 4 or 5 preamp tubes all lined up in a row. From right to left you may (or may not) have the following tubes: V1, V2, V3, reverb driver, phase inverter. No matter, if you have 5 preamp tubes, the last two may (or may not) be the reverb driver followed by the phase inverter. It's not easy to tell, but you may want to go to the Fender amp field guide (if it's your deluxe reverb) and see if they have the tube compliment there. I hope this helps...

• Members

thanks for the help so far, I wonder if anybody has a diagram. just to be sure.

if it is a 12at7 does it matter if a put a 12ax7 in there instead? cuz I have some new ones of those, what would that do?

• 7 years later...

Archived