Djent + Rap = Nu-Djent?

KCTigerChief

• Members

[video=youtube;qJrEBqTCK50]

Ok, so I was in highschool when numetal was big. I was a big fan of 40 below Summer, Reveille, and LOTS of other {censored} in that genre...It definitely didn't stand the test of time, as most of it is trash anymore...But I'm not going to lie, this song reminds me so much of the stuff I used to listen to back then, only with the djent twist :lol::facepalm:

It's kind of cheesy :lol: Gangster wannabes :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I love djent, and I love rap, but I can't stand this band

I think it's an interesting matchup, and at least they are distinguishing themselves from the rest of the bands that sound like the djent stuff....

I wish it didn't make me nostalgic about my high school days though, because it really does bring back lots of memories with friends :lol:

• Members

I think it's an interesting matchup, and at least they are distinguishing themselves from the rest of the bands that sound like the djent stuff....

I wish it didn't make me nostalgic about my high school days though, because it really does bring back lots of memories with friends
:lol:

Slightly related, I found this article to be hilarious IS NU-DETHCORE THE NEXT BIG THING????

• Members

i actually thought it was kinda ok
:facepalm:
the song was put together ok, not just a million different riffs thrown together.

This is kind of what I meant. I mean it's cheesy to me because it's basically going back to 10 years ago with riffs of this era...but, they do sound unique :idk: gotta give em props for that at least.

• Members

This is kind of what I meant. I mean it's cheesy to me because it's basically going back to 10 years ago with riffs of this era...but, they do sound unique
:idk:
gotta give em props for that at least.

musics gotta evolve. kids always wanna be doing their own new thing and they should be. it may be {censored}, but its their generations {censored}. im sure people were laughing at the metalcore i was listening to in the late 90s

• Members

Or maybe Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks. I know that dudes into metal

Paz is such a mixed bag.

Half of his {censored} is {censored}

Half of his {censored} is awesome

The other half is {censored}

wait, sorry.

i have ass cancer in my brain

• Members

Paz is such a mixed bag.

Half of his {censored} is {censored}

Half of his {censored} is awesome

The other half is {censored}

wait, sorry.

i have ass cancer in my brain

I definitely know what you mean :lol:

The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness is {censored}ing untouchable though

Archived