No announcement yet.

Johnson Millennium

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Millennium

I have a Johnson Millennium JM150 with the J-12 foot controller. Was considering whether to keep or sell it. They are going for surprising amounts on Ebay a lot of people really want them badly and they are rare. But then I think if they are that awesome and rare why would I sell it? I don't live near a major music store so I can't go try out other amps to know how the JM150 sound(which is incredible) sounds compared to the other amps around. Any ideas on this?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it meets your volume and tone specifications then you're all good.
    http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

I'd sell it. johnson is out o business and can be a problem to fix it if it breaks

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
        AJ6stringsting commented
        Editing a comment
        Johnson was owned by Digitech. Digitech will recommend a near by service tech.

I'd sell it. johnson is out o business and can be a problem to fix it if it breaks

Its mostly digital. and worth under 600 bucks.

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it meets your volume and tone specifications then your all good.

Both valid points. However as to the tone specs, my question is has anyone have any experience with the JM-150. It meets my tone requirements as far as I know, but I haven't checked out other good amps. It may be that I can sell it and get enough to buy another better sounding amp which is newer. The Johnsons with the foot pedal are selling for around 800 bucks on Ebay. Not a lot of money but I have no idea what sort of amp $800 can buy now days.

As to repairs it is mostly digital, does have tubes, but Harmond Music Group owns it and still supports it. I called them before I got it and they have a lot of spare parts and told me that more than likely anything that gets fubared can be replaced but of course there is no way to be sure.

Comment

Both valid points. However as to the tone specs, my question is has anyone have any experience with the JM-150. It meets my tone requirements as far as I know, but I haven't checked out other good amps. It may be that I can sell it and get enough to buy another better sounding amp which is newer.

As to repairs it is mostly digital, does have tubes, but Harmond Music Group owns it and still supports it. I called them before I got it and they have a lot of spare parts and told me that more than likely anything that gets fubared can be replaced but of course there is no way to be sure.

I would suggest telling us what you play and what some of the artists tones you enjoy and we can help from there. Also what are some of the models you use the most?

Comment

I mostly play rock/metal. I like all the tones in their place of course but my favorites are
            "Rectifier Stack" Probably my default for most playing. I did tweak it a lot tho the factory presets arent that great. Levels need adjustment.
            "Custom Marshall" My favorite of the Marshall tones.
            "Too Heavy"(not sure what amp its modelling). This is what I use if I am playing low power-chords. Nothing like it for that.
            For a more noisy tone i like "Industrialzed" and "Brown Sound" maybe "Post-Seattle Grind"

For music I generally play like Megadeth Metallica Pantera stuff I grew up on. But I also like to mess around with AV7X, BFMV or Coheed and Cambria.

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it meets your volume and tone specifications then your all good.

+1
              The box pattern and arpeggio diagrams I made. Use em for whatever.

My death metal band.

Band's facebook page

Comment

seriously?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2811189-It-is-time...

still have it, still love it.

What up bro?

If you decide to sell, I might know someone interested....but I wouldn't, and I'll tell you why after the break.

Comment

I mostly play rock/metal. I like all the tones in their place of course but my favorites are
                  "Rectifier Stack" Probably my default for most playing. I did tweak it a lot tho the factory presets arent that great. Levels need adjustment.
                  "Custom Marshall" My favorite of the Marshall tones.
                  "Too Heavy"(not sure what amp its modelling). This is what I use if I am playing low power-chords. Nothing like it for that.
                  For a more noisy tone i like "Industrialzed" and "Brown Sound" maybe "Post-Seattle Grind"

For music I generally play like Megadeth Metallica Pantera stuff I grew up on. But I also like to mess around with AV7X, BFMV or Coheed and Cambria.

Rectifier stack is most likely a single or dual mesa boogie rectifier
                  Custom marshall can be pretty much anything really. Look at the marshall dsl line.
                  No idea what too heavy is but it makes me think of a peavey 5150. Its got more gain than death metal bands need at 60%.

Almost all of those bands used the recto, dsl or 5150 at some point except pantera who used a randall rg100. You can go to youtube and find a bunch of examples of people playing them to get a good idea.

Comment

seriously?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2811189-It-is-time...

still have it, still love it.

What up bro?

If you decide to sell, I might know someone interested.

Leaning towards keeping it, but I have not seen or heard another amp in a while living where I do so I was wondering about the tones on them. However from what I'm reading here and my own research I am thinking that the JM-150 is still the effing bomb and maybe thats why everyone wants one so I may just hold onto it. Also even if it dies apparently the J-12 controller is itself highly prized as a midi controller and can net $200 easy after the amp dies. But have not made up my mind you have my word I'll give you first dibs if I do sell it. I also have to get a new guitar the one I have currently sucks. Well I mean it OWNS for the price it is, but it's still a cheapo guitar with poor pickups. Saving to get a Schecter next.

Comment

Leaning towards keeping it, but I have not seen or heard another amp in a while living where I do so I was wondering about the tones on them. However from what I'm reading here and my own research I am thinking that the JM-150 is still the effing bomb and maybe thats why everyone wants one so I may just hold onto it. Also even if it dies apparently the J-12 controller is itself highly prized as a midi controller and can net $200 easy after the amp dies. But have not made up my mind you have my word I'll give you first dibs if I do sell it. I also have to get a new guitar the one I have currently sucks. Well I mean it OWNS for the price it is, but it's still a cheapo guitar with poor pickups. Saving to get a Schecter next.

yup. I wouldn't say much more than this...

I been through this mental battle with myself a number of times to replace or not to replace...hasn't been worth it yet.

I'm glad to hear Harman is supporting with parts at least still...I had no idea...I thought I had a dinosaur that when it was all over, I should insure for 3 to 5 grand replacement value I mean seriously when you add tonez+effects+flexibility

There were and maybe are still are, well known amp guys that mod these...so service has never been a concern for me either way.

Comment

Here is the only clip on youtube of the *Too Heavy* sound. Quality isnt great on the recording but it may give you an idea of which amp it is.

Comment

yup. I wouldn't say much more than this...

I been through this mental battle with myself a number of times to replace or not to replace...hasn't been worth it yet.

I'm glad to hear Harman is supporting with parts at least still...I had no idea...I thought I had a dinosaur that when it was all over, I should insure for 3 to 5 grand replacement value

There were and maybe are still are, well known amp guys that mod these....

If you go to Johnsons old website, and call the support number there, it will connect you to the right place. I had to get a replacement part and they had 736 of them in store! lol

Comment

If you go to Johnsons old website, and call the support number there, it will connect you to the right place. I had to get a replacement part and they had 736 of them in store! lol

nice. I thought that site was dead, I mean COMPLETELY.....

What version is your amp and have you fooled with RPEdit?

and lol at *too heavy*...that is the brootz and I used it only once, on a Pink Floyd cover...lemme see if I can uploads...

Comment

Working...
                            X