Info on Mashall 1982B Cab

BCR Man

• Members

hey everybody. i bought a used JCM 800 Lead 1982B cab 320rms 8 ohm. the previous owner bought it empty and put in a pair of celesion V30's and GT1275's. I have some questions about it, the back panel is particle board and looks stock. Shouldn't it be birch plywood? and the guy put a single screw through the panel to the centre brace, should there be padding on the end? Reason I ask is Premier Guitar had an article on how to replace speakers in a Marshall 4x12 cab. it was an older cab and the centre brace had some kind of white padding on the end and they said when screwing the panel back on to make sure there is back pressure against the brace. And 80W speakers are the max that can be used? Thanks  

• Members

As long as the cabinet rear is firm and there is no vibration I wouldn't worry about the rest. I have seen a few cabs with Lag Bolts securing the panel. Some of the rear panels were mdf or particle board. A few I have seen were birch ply. Hard to tell what was OEM since there are so many converted cabs, and different verions from the factory.

Archived