RP1000 for $260. Should I?

madrigal77

• Members

Expect it to be 299 new or 249 blowout price soon. I'd say its at the end of its store life cycle.

offer 225 I got a GSP1101 and control 2 for under 300 used.

Well he was asking 300, so I doubt he'll go any lower. Plus, the prices for used gear here are REALLY high compared to other places. It's a pretty good deal for my local market IMO. Hell, people are still asking 300 for POD XT's around these parts :lol:

• Members

Well he was asking 300, so I doubt he'll go any lower. Plus, the prices for used gear here are REALLY high compared to other places. It's a pretty good deal for my local market IMO. Hell, people are still asking 300 for POD XT's around these parts
:lol:

Keep trying CL if you can. Those things go cheap all the time. Local dealer took in a POD X3L on trade. Gave teh guy $75 for it. Sold it an hr later for $125. They don't like to let these things rot in stores.

260 CA $ I guess would be a good deal.

• Members

I don't know if you can compare the vox to the digitech at all in any department, not to say that one is better than the other. I do like how the rp1000 can implement your amps single channel preamp and an external stompbox etc. Pretty different from a vox also soundwise. Man I'd be depressed if I had to track high gain with a tonelab although the last models (ST etc) were a bit better.

• Members

A guy has one locally for sale. I'm not much of a modeler guy, but I HAVE been wanting a milti-FX. Anyone who has one or tried one, how are the effects? Is it worth $260?

Do it. I'm currently gigging with it and it sounds great. I'm using it into a tube power amp (60+60w EL34) into a 2x12 with Celestion V30, and it kills.

• Members

I don't know if you can compare the vox to the digitech at all in any department, not to say that one is better than the other. I do like how the rp1000 can implement your amps single channel preamp and an external stompbox etc. Pretty different from a vox also soundwise. Man I'd be depressed if I had to track high gain with a tonelab although the last models (ST etc) were a bit better.

I guess it's like most things...personal preference makes all the difference.

• Members

I use one just for effects. I like it and that seems like a good deal. I've had Tonelabs too. The Digitech is way more flexible. They sound about the same but the Tonelab is really crippled when it comes to combining effects. Using the RP in stompbox mode is handy too.

• Members

Ive got a new one. The sounds and effects are fine for me and my cover band loves it. Ive got a great amp with the Chimera/Halo Peters but wanted to add some effects and maybe a few different amp models here and there.

However Ive got a couple problems so far with it but keep in mind I havent spent a boatload of time with it but did scan the manual to learn the basics and I use the 4cm so I can switch between my Peters preamp and the RPs amp models if I want.

1 If you hit the the patch footswitch youre curently on and go into bypass, itll blow your goddamned eardrums out. Note to self! Dont {censored}ing do it!

2 All the factory patches have a different volume level. What a {censored}ing joke. I gotta waist precious tweaking, and practice time trying to level my cleans to my in-betweens to my all out gain patches? Shouldnt be a big deal to just tweak and save all the factory patches to say 50 volume on the readout right? Wrong! 50 on one patch is super loud on some and extreemly quiet on others. ARGH! OK whatever I just use my ears and level them best I can on a few banks to get me started enough for band work.

3 Then I take it to rehearsal early to set up a few patches in the amp loop for my Peters Chimera to shine. Get all levels as equal as I can. I like my kill sound to be slightly higher volume than my cleans or in-between sounds. Then I turn up to rehearsal volume({censored}ing loud) and my Chimera patch is quiet as hell while all my RP patches blow my head off! WTF? I think I used the channel volume on my amp and should have used the master(these control effects send and return). It threw all my levels off. But I didnt figure this out till later. I just turned the RP master down and went with it all rehearsal with just RP sounds.

So thats my first real use of the unit and it left a bad taste. I heard this thing would do everything I needed and was quick and easy. {censored} I spend more time adjusting levels and still getting it wrong than I do building {censored}ing patches. Crock of {censored}ing {censored}! So Far. But Im not giving up on it yet.

• Members

This is my experience. I owned the Tonelab SE and felt it a bit lacking in diversity. The RP felt a bit more diverse for me.... and I like how it could be a dedicated FX loop device by bypassing the amp modeling. I have gigged with mine in the past and it held up ok. Not the best tone I have ever had.... but servicable. And $260 sounds like a great price in CA!:thu:

• Members

Ive got a new one. The sounds and effects are fine for me and my cover band loves it. Ive got a great amp with the Chimera/Halo Peters but wanted to add some effects and maybe a few different amp models here and there.

However Ive got a couple problems so far with it but keep in mind I havent spent a boatload of time with it but did scan the manual to learn the basics and I use the 4cm so I can switch between my Peters preamp and the RPs amp models if I want.

1 If you hit the the patch footswitch youre curently on and go into bypass, itll blow your goddamned eardrums out. Note to self! Dont {censored}ing do it!

2 All the factory patches have a different volume level. What a {censored}ing joke. I gotta waist precious tweaking, and practice time trying to level my cleans to my in-betweens to my all out gain patches? Shouldnt be a big deal to just tweak and save all the factory patches to say 50 volume on the readout right? Wrong! 50 on one patch is super loud on some and extreemly quiet on others. ARGH! OK whatever I just use my ears and level them best I can on a few banks to get me started enough for band work.

3 Then I take it to rehearsal early to set up a few patches in the amp loop for my Peters Chimera to shine. Get all levels as equal as I can. I like my kill sound to be slightly higher volume than my cleans or in-between sounds. Then I turn up to rehearsal volume({censored}ing loud) and my Chimera patch is quiet as hell while all my RP patches blow my head off! WTF? I think I used the channel volume on my amp and should have used the master(these control effects send and return). It threw all my levels off. But I didnt figure this out till later. I just turned the RP master down and went with it all rehearsal with just RP sounds.

So thats my first real use of the unit and it left a bad taste. I heard this thing would do everything I needed and was quick and easy. {censored} I spend more time adjusting levels and still getting it wrong than I do building {censored}ing patches. Crock of {censored}ing {censored}! So Far. But Im not giving up on it yet.

Dude!!! :lol:

User error on all cases above. Read the manual LOL

• Members

I have one, just my 2 cents.

I like:

The easy to use

4cm is easy to achieve, just press 1 botton and the amp/cab sims are out of the signal

Big LCD

The recto amp sim sounds really good.

I don't like:

The Headphones output sounds terrible

There's this kinda annoying warbling sound when you use too much things in the signal

The tone is cold and lifeless (as in any modeler i guess)

Can't use more than 5 effects at the same time

I recommend to get a decent OD/Distortion unless you'll be using it with your tube amp

Archived