Clear All

• Gretsch Broadkaster Model 7875

Happy New Amp Day to me!

Gretsch Broadkaster Model 7875
    Made in Cincinnati, OH in the early 70's

Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb (spring)
    On/Off/On switch
    two inputs

It has a great sound. Quick story behind it...it was in the basement of a music shop, in a box, for nearly its entire existence. This amp is effectively brand new.
    - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Nice score!
    BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

My GSO sounded completely awesome through the Gretsch last night. In giving up the Line6, this means I need to go out and pick up an overdrive and chorus pedal now. I kinda like those effects in small quantities.

Comment

I have not yet had the chance to crank the volume, I am waiting for the family to be out of the house for that. But overall, even with my GSO, the amp is a wonderfully clean sound. The Spring Reverb has a multitude of granularity to it, giving you that "just a little more"/"just a little less" ability on the knob.

Information on this amp is proving difficult to find.

Comment

Great Looking Amp! My husband built this amp in 1977 at GMS (Goss Music Systems) in Prairie Grove, AR (not Cincinnati as is commonly believed). GMS was a subcontractor for Baldwin/Gretsch in the 1970 and built their Electro Pro Pianos and Gretsch amps. I have schematics if you need them! Kelly

Comment

• bjcarl
            bjcarl commented
            Editing a comment

victorianmachines wrote:
            Great Looking Amp! My husband built this amp in 1977 at GMS (Goss Music Systems) in Prairie Grove, AR (not Cincinnati as is commonly believed). GMS was a subcontractor for Baldwin/Gretsch in the 1970 and built their Electro Pro Pianos and Gretsch amps. I have schematics if you need them! Kelly

Well that was a cool first post!

:gaynewemoticon:

Working...
        X