Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop with the Eddie Van Halen Photoshop pics!!!!! Please, I need to sleep!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepi

I remember reading somewhere that GAY people are very creative

Then that means i'm only half as creative as I thought I was.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="green">&quot;Females express their sexism towards males in the form of ageism. That's why it never looks like sexism.&quot;- TJ </font></b><br />
    <br />
    <b><font color="green">&quot;TJ...... that is the most genius observation I have ever heard come from a human's mouth. I never realized this before. I vow to always stand up against ageism.... the unchastised loophole thru which females express sexism against males.&quot;-Gaf (to himself)</font></b></div>

Comment

Condi Van Halen, we have a winner.

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources&quot; ~ <i>The Credible Hulk</i></div>

Comment

Somebody put eddie's face on this one.

oh wait. nevermind.

-
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="green">&quot;Females express their sexism towards males in the form of ageism. That's why it never looks like sexism.&quot;- TJ </font></b><br />
        <br />
        <b><font color="green">&quot;TJ...... that is the most genius observation I have ever heard come from a human's mouth. I never realized this before. I vow to always stand up against ageism.... the unchastised loophole thru which females express sexism against males.&quot;-Gaf (to himself)</font></b></div>

Comment

Originally posted by supercow3

this one is giving me nightmares

LMAO
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="Red">Ex-R-P-C #2</font></b><br />
          <br />
          Good Deals: jgyn, Gearhunter420, tubejay, pfindeis, Use666, brewen, taylor910, toddtroutman, itsallinmyh3ad</div>

Comment

put face on this...

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="Red">Ex-R-P-C #2</font></b><br />
            <br />
            Good Deals: jgyn, Gearhunter420, tubejay, pfindeis, Use666, brewen, taylor910, toddtroutman, itsallinmyh3ad</div>

Comment

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

O.M.G. ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick

And by request...

Brilliant!!
                <div class="signaturecontainer">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~<br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://www.myspace.com/hensteeth" target="_blank">Up In Space</a><br />
                <br />
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                </div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5"><div align="center">MFPOMFS</div></font></b><br />
                  <br />
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪</div>

Comment

I know I cant photoshop, its the thought that counts
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="Purple"><br />
                    <br />
                    acoustic rig: Larrivee D-50, Stonebridge 32SM OM, Takamine EAC48 Santa Fe, Takamine John Jorgenson, Takamine EC132S Roland AC60<br />
                    <br />
                    electric rig:<br />
                    guitars: ESP CS strat, AJC LP, Ibanez RG1570, Godin Redline1, <br />
                    amps: Dr Z Z-28 head, Mesa F-30 head, Dr Z 2x10 convertible, Mesa Recto 2x12<br />
                    effects: EBVPJr, Korg Pitchblack, EHX English Muff'n, Diamond Fireburst, Diamond Compressor, Barber Burn Unit EQ, Maxon Phasetone, DLS Chorus Vib, EHX SMMH, Hardwire DL8, EHX Holier Grail</font></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist

I know I cant photoshop, its the thought that counts

put his face on kramers head instead

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5"><div align="center">MFPOMFS</div></font></b><br />
                        <br />
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪</div>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by batotman

LMFAO....wikipedia has this one up too....

And I thought you guys had tampered with this one too! Now you made me go to Wikipedia. Note what they say about tuning. Isn't this controversial at best (i.e. nonsense)? There is nothing wrong with the thirds on my guitar...

Tuning

Though rarely discussed, one of the most distinctive aspects of Van Halen's sound was Eddie Van Halen's tuning of the guitar. Before Van Halen, most distorted, metal-oriented rock consciously avoided the use of the major third interval in guitar chords, creating instead the signature power chord of the genre. When run through a distorted amplifier, the rapid beating of the major third on a conventionally tuned guitar is distracting and somewhat dissonant.

Van Halen developed a technique of flatting his B string slightly so that the interval between the open G and B is a perfect, beatless third. This consonant third was almost unheard of in distorted-guitar rock and allowed Van Halen to use major chords in a way that mixed classic hard rock power with "happy" pop. The effect is pronounced on songs such as "Runnin' With the Devil", "Unchained", and "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?".

With the B string flatted the correct amount, chords in some positions on the guitar have perfect thirds, but in other positions the flat B string creates out of tune intervals. As Eddie once remarked to Guitar Player, "A guitar is just theoretically built wrong. Each string is an interval of fourths, and then the B string is off. Theoretically, that's not right. If you tune an open E chord in the first position and it's perfectly in tune, and then you hit a barre chord an octave higher, it's out of tune. The B string is always a mother****************er to keep in tune all the time! So I have to retune for certain songs. And when I use the Floyd onstage, I have to unclamp it and do it real quick. But with a standard-vibrato guitar, I can tune it while I'm playing."
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.rocknote.com/" target="_blank">RockNote</a>: Yamaha SA2200 -&gt; Area 51 wah –&gt; Pentavocal -&gt; Dlx Moon Phaser =&gt; 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer &gt; Phase 100 &gt; Crybaby &gt; TS9 &gt; Fender Princeton Chorus.</font></div>

Comment

Listen to running with the devil, and just try to tune your guitar to pitch and play along. It'll sound wrong.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">- Sean.<br />
                              <br />
                              <font size="1">Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.</font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine

Listen to running with the devil, and just try to tune your guitar to pitch and play along. It'll sound wrong.

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.
                                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.rocknote.com/" target="_blank">RockNote</a>: Yamaha SA2200 -&gt; Area 51 wah –&gt; Pentavocal -&gt; Dlx Moon Phaser =&gt; 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer &gt; Phase 100 &gt; Crybaby &gt; TS9 &gt; Fender Princeton Chorus.</font></div>

Comment

Working...
                                X