Is it just me or has the EVH 5153 become a huge fad on these forums?

Chrisjd

• Members

I remember when this amp came out, many people were saying the peavey's sounded better(which i wholeheartedly agree). All of a sudden a few major metal bands started playing them, and now all you twats fucking love this amp :lol:.

I played one at guitar center and was very underwhelmed with the high gain sound, my impression was that my Peavey's sound ridiculously better.

Maybe I need to play one again? :idk:

• Members

I think the 5153 mini 50 watter is what everyone is currently drooling over. Mainly due to the good price of $999 for a full featured head.

Yeah. I want to play one again. Maybe I'll feel differently next time.

• Members

I prefer the gain of the Peavey for brootz, but for clean , mid gain tones I prefer the iii. The Peavey just pushes more air and has a bigger low end to me. That being said, I only got to play on the iii for about 5 minutes at an outdoor gig. I want to spend more time with one for sure.

• Members

3 years ago I played the 5150 3 when it first came out and was blown away. Sounded amazing and I could actually get a clean with the active pickups I had at the time. Now they have the 50 watt and I'm gassing for that but I know I really should just save for an AxeFx smiley_panic.gif

• Members

I've never played through a 5153 but recently checked out a band where one guitarist had a 5153 and the other had a 5150. The 5153 guy did the clean parts on all the songs and they were glorious, especially during their cover of Children of the Sea.

When it came to distorted rhythm guitar tones I could not tell the difference between the two, and both guys were switching off doing solos on numerous songs. Granted, this was in a live setting in a venue with dodgy acoustics at best.

• Members

I found the 5153 (100 watter) to be very underwhelming aswell. Especially having to try to compare it to my H&K. IMHO, it wasn't in the same ball park. The 50 watter would be interesting to try, but I fear that like the big one its not got enough mid cut to it.

Of course, it all boils down to an individuals ear and needs. It just didn't work for *Me*, but it could work for everyone else

• Members

I found the 5153 (100 watter) to be very underwhelming aswell. Especially having to try to compare it to my H&K. IMHO, it wasn't in the same ball park. The 50 watter would be interesting to try, but I fear that like the big one its
not got enough mid
cut to it.

Of course, it all boils down to an individuals ear and needs. It just didn't work for *Me*, but it could work for everyone else

wat

• Members

.... Off to run to youtube for clips

Ive heard the regular 5153 and thats a nice-sweet amp, (I dig it i played the 100 at GC a couple times, they had a used 1) im just more curious about the 50 watter and tones since they are getting alot of hype these days

:idk:

Archived