65 0r 68 reissue for Princeton

granchton

• Members

I'd get this instead and not look back

I don't care that the speaker is the wrong impedance. Sell it and get whatever 8 ohm you like instead. It's a CELESTION. Or run a second external speaker that's 16 ohms and get 8. The mismatch is no big deal unless you are anal.

I don't care about the tear in the tolex. I don't care that it's missing knob.

It's going to sell for less than $725 plus shipping!!!.

It's a PTP-wired vintage Rivera-designed USA made Fender. It has a treble boost and mid boost. 3 way eq plus presence. Foot switchable lead boost (lead level control) and master volume. Basically way more versatility that you can choose to use..... or set it to standard blackface Princeton Reverb settings and forget it.

Why pay hundreds more for a PC board Chinese made piece of crap with way less features that's impossible to ever repair or mod?

• Members

granchton wrote:

I am going to get one . thoughts ?

If you have the coin and want new you can grab either off the net handwire by George Alessandro. He  basically guts it and does a PTP amp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-1965-Princeton-reverb-handwired-ALESSANDRO-PTP-point-to-point-/230699361688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b6c0e598

crappy recording

the 65 is nice, the 68 has a different speaker and a lil more upper mids.

Just go to the Guitar Center or your fav Fender dealer and demo em both side by side. 

When new Fender products come out folks get a bit jacked, so reviews can be a bit bias at time. They say the weakest link in the PRRI is the output tranny. That's why they tend to fart out a bit with the bass up at higher levels.

Run a OD pedal in the front end if you want some grit.

The 65 Nice lil amp, go demo the 68.

Archived