Twister amps...how long will the warranty be good for you think?

~Abstract~

• Members

This probably won't help the sale of the Twister I have in the classifieds...but at this point I don't really care. To be clear that was going to be my SECOND Twister amp...I got the "for sale" one a while back. I just want that amp gone now too cause everytime I look at it it frustrates me more and more.

here's the story...inb4CSB

I tried to get Jade to build me an amp a year ago...I was told it would take 8 weeks...he delayed and delayed and made excuses and invented stories why my amp wasn't done. 8 months later I finally got my deposit back.

A good friend of mine gave Jade the benefit of the doubt and stuck by his side. After a year and a half...my friend asked for his deposit back too. Jade refused and sent my buddy a cobbled together, buzzy piece of crap amp.

Here's gut shots...

xeniaguts-2.JPG

xeniaguts-3.JPG

xeniaguts-4.JPG

xeniaguts-full.JPG

FYI...I know I said my amp has a 10 year (8 left) warranty....Twister amps doesn't sound like it'll last that long.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God DAMN dude.

I've had multiple chances to buy a Twister and you're making me a very happy man that I did not do so.

Sounds like the guy just though "hey, I bet I could build me an amp" and then got in so far over his head that he completely lost it. Dude has the IRS coming after him? He's {censored}ed 6 ways to sunday. You go to JAIL for tax issues, not just bankruptcy court.

• Members

Yeay, another flavour-of-the-month amp builder to hate. I predict this thread will bloat into epic portions.

Anyway, sucks that things like this happen but that's why I usually shiver each time I hear the word "boutique".

Yes. It looks like a somewhat shoddily built amp, but quite frankly most of the "handwired" boutique amps really aren't any better.

• Members

Jade built me an amp a couple of years ago and it was a pleasant experience. He was a nice guy and I didnt have any problems with him at all. I never had any functionality problems with them amp , but I was told that either the amp had some issues a while after I had sold it . To my knowledge , I believe Jade handled the issues without hassle. I have no idea where the amp is now though , I know it went through at least a couple of forumites after me

• Members

Yea.. jade a couple years ago was good to work with and decent and send me a custom amp that looked good and sounded good too. What the hell happened?? Look at the pics. He called it a prototype, and wrote that all over the chassis to make SURE everyone knew that.. Why would he do that! it said.. this is not an example of the production Xenia. In sharpie. He sent ame an amp that has ZERO value to it. Hacked together.

Man.. I pulled on those caps siliconed to the chassis and they came right out. The silicone didnt hold long. That was scary.. another super tech guy called it a death trap.. and I can see why. Also all the grounds are tied together, Highvoltage, audio and chassis grounds.. so many things could of bit my ass on this amp!

I've done business with this company before.. made clips for his site. and I get this kind of amp? unreal.

Jade wanted to fix it. By why the hell did he wait to the last minute, throw a weber kit together, toss in a design.. and ship it like this? I am in disbelief. He still wants to fix it. After a year and a half of waiting and get this.. no way.

I was told I wouldn't get a refund since I bashed his amp on the internet. Which never happened. Then I found he is in finacial trouble. taking him to court would get me nowhere.

Unreal. Just freaking unreal.

• Members

This probably won't help the sale of the Twister I have in the classifieds...but at this point I don't really care. To be clear that was going to be my SECOND Twister amp...I got the "for sale" one a while back. I just want that amp gone now too cause everytime I look at it it frustrates me more and more.

here's the story...inb4CSB

I tried to get Jade to build me an amp a year ago...I was told it would take 8 weeks...he delayed and delayed and made excuses and invented stories why my amp wasn't done. 8 months later I finally got my deposit back.

A good friend of mine gave Jade the benefit of the doubt and stuck by his side. After a year and a half...my friend asked for his deposit back too. Jade refused and sent my buddy a cobbled together, buzzy piece of crap amp.

Here's gut shots...

xeniaguts-2.JPG

xeniaguts-3.JPG

xeniaguts-4.JPG

xeniaguts-full.JPG

FYI...I know I said my amp has a 10 year (8 left) warranty....Twister amps doesn't sound like it'll last that long.

That looks like a dead on SLO Clone someone threw together. The Chassis is. Looks like a Weber SLO Clone Chassis.

• Members

Holy {censored}! What a hack, and a pile of human {censored} to sell garbage like that. I remember someone saying this guy made amps as good as Mark Cameron(maybe they do sound good) but this is a {censored}ing joke. Thanks for posting this though man, glad to see this "builder" exposed. As far as the sale of your amp, maybe try ebay.

• Members

Jade seemed like a great guy a few years back. He had put out a few simple amps. Seems like he has gotten in over his head and feels after having your money for over 16 months and you finally having no more patience he throws together this thinking it will pass as a good amp. Shows his total business character and personal character to me and I would not give him the time of day. Especially after seeing the gut shots, and having another builder who does know a thing or two about quality amps making some pretty harsh statements about this.

Also the fact he used marker to put prototype all over it means it sucks big time and he did not want to have clips out there showing his xenia is a bad sounding amp, so he turned it around like this, but has the balls to state this satisfies the funds he owes you on an amp that nowhere meets the original agreement 16 months earlier.

Tough lesson learnt but Twister amps should get what they deserve for building amps like this and treating their customers like you who did a lot to help him out early on. If he treats you this way, how is he going to treat a common joe blow?

• Members

Jade built me an amp a couple of years ago and it was a pleasant experience. He was a nice guy and I didnt have any problems with him at all. I never had any functionality problems with them amp , but I was told that either the amp had some issues a while after I had sold it . To my knowledge , I believe Jade handled the issues without hassle. I have no idea where the amp is now though , I know it went through at least a couple of forumites after me

Yeah, he's a super great guy when you're sending him money...when you actually want delivery he flakes out, invents excuses, and avoidsavoidsavoids.

I had to damn near threaten legal action to get him to give me my refund back.

I thought I remember you didn't like your amp because it was "muddy"?

• Members

Yeah, he's a super great guy when you're sending him money...when you actually want delivery he flakes out, invents excuses, and avoidsavoidsavoids.

Abstract, you actually got the only good sounding Twister amp I have heard. And to the poster above that states he heard they were similar to Cameron, well the only thing in common is the difficulty in getting one. At least Mark is getting his stuff together, even if Jade did his amps still suck!!

• Members

The amp as a whole just wasnt for me tonewise.

• Members

Abstract, you actually got the only good sounding Twister amp I have heard. And to the poster above that states he heard they were similar to Cameron, well the only thing in common is the difficulty in getting one. At least Mark is getting his stuff together, even if Jade did his amps still suck!!

I appreciate that. It REALLY IS a great sounding amp. It's warm and crunchy and musical...I really like it...and for the price I have it up for it's really a no brainer...the guy who got straddled with the above pos has been inside and says it's built well...

Ahh well...it's worth it if Jade never pawns another POS off on some unsuspecting consumer.

• Members

Yea.. jade a couple years ago was good to work with and decent and send me a custom amp that looked good and sounded good too. What the hell happened?? Look at the pics. He called it a prototype, and wrote that all over the chassis to make SURE everyone knew that.. Why would he do that! it said.. this is not an example of the production Xenia. In sharpie. He sent ame an amp that has ZERO value to it. Hacked together.

Man.. I pulled on those caps siliconed to the chassis and they came right out. The silicone didnt hold long. That was scary.. another super tech guy called it a death trap.. and I can see why. Also all the grounds are tied together, Highvoltage, audio and chassis grounds.. so many things could of bit my ass on this amp!

I've done business with this company before.. made clips for his site. and I get this kind of amp? unreal.

Jade wanted to fix it. By why the hell did he wait to the last minute, throw a weber kit together, toss in a design.. and ship it like this? I am in disbelief. He still wants to fix it. After a year and a half of waiting and get this.. no way.

I was told I wouldn't get a refund since I bashed his amp on the internet. Which never happened. Then I found he is in finacial trouble. taking him to court would get me nowhere.

Unreal. Just freaking unreal.

His amps are all getting passed around cause they sound like {censored}. I had a buddy that had the misfortune of getting one. Sent it to Jade to make it sound good like it should and Jade sent it back with new tubes. Still sounded like shizz of course cause he did nothing! Apparently this guy is probably a paint by numbers or kit builder and not even close to an amp builder. Sorry you got tainted too.:mad:

• Members

RIK-Didn't you come over to the Marshall Forum six months ago defending Jade? If not sorry, but the guy who did was from Oklahoma and made sound clips for Jade.

Regardless, I had trouble with a 50 watt Twister and had to send it back to Jade. I will say he turned it around pretty fast, but the amp sounded like a solid state amp. I found someone who liked it and sold it. I have no desire for anymore Twister amps.

• Members

RIK-Didn't you come over to the Marshall Forum six months ago defending Jade? If not sorry, but the guy who did was from Oklahoma and made sound clips for Jade.

Regardless, I had trouble with a 50 watt Twister and had to send it back to Jade. I will say he turned it around pretty fast, but the amp sounded like a solid state amp. I found someone who liked it and sold it. I have no desire for anymore Twister amps.

:wave: You should of added this smilie, too :poke: LOL

Yeaup.. that was me. I did defend him,

(Also, I did need to defend, rather, explain is a better word, my clips and what I used to create them. Yeaup.. That was me. I thought the amps where more consistent.. I was dead wrong.

Yea, See how that worked out for me? LOL! :facepalm: I was sent a pile of I don't know what and dumped on. I was just a guy that went above and beyond. Only to be Forked.

Thanks for the reminder. I actually forgot about that.

Also, Let me add my apology to you for instigating.

Rock on! :cool:

Archived