Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iRig equivalent for Android?

is there such a thing? my searches have turned up nothing, but post up anything you know of.

also post up helpful guitar apps for android that you've got.

i use the Datuner app all the time. fully chormatic tuner that can change hz levels and whatnot and is color coded for sharp,flat, and in tune.
    Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
    Youtube
    Soundcloud

My understanding is that the way the Android OS is built, there's too much inherent latency for a real-time audio processing app to work well. That's why you don't see anything like that. (I have a T-Mobile/HTC G2)
    Shroud of Bereavement - Symphonic Death/Doom metal from New England
    Recently Vacated Graves: True Zombie Metal
    My Guitar Center Microsite Profile

Agile PS-900
    B.C. Rich USA Gunslinger
    Charvel CX390
    HevAri Dragonrider 7-string (custom built)
    LTD M-207 7-string
    Schecter Damien Elite 8

Engl E102 Digitalamp head
    Fryette Sig:X head
    VHT Deliverance 60 head
    Veretone custom 4x12 w/ VHT P50Es
    VHT FatBottom 4x12

VHT/Fryette Death Squad
    Extended Range Players Club

Comment

My understanding is that the way the Android OS is built, there's too much inherent latency for a real-time audio processing app to work well. That's why you don't see anything like that. (I have a T-Mobile/HTC G2)

lame, so i'm going to have to get an isomething to do anything like that.

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
      Soundcloud

Comment

There were talks that ICS was supposed to solve the latency problems, but I don't think it did anything.
        Was TrueBlueLS... thanks for the name change stupid forum upgrade.

Peavey Nitro I | Peavey HP Special EXP | Peavey Tracer Custom | Kramer Focus 2000 | Kramer Vanguard FR440S

Marshall Class 5 | Egnater Tweaker 15 | Jet City JCA22H | Jet City JCA24S

Comment

lame, so i'm going to have to get an isomething to do anything like that.

Remember this.

When you buy it, you will need to take a couple of dicks up your ****************************.

It's in the fine print of all Apple products.
          DINOSAUR ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guide: how to ruin someone's day

Comment

There were talks that ICS was supposed to solve the latency problems, but I don't think it did anything.

So far, ICS is MUCH faster and smoother on my Motorola Xoom tablet. I am really hoping that iRig or Amplitude or ANYONE makes a guitar interface. Please? I no wants iPad!
            Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

From what I read a few months back, it wasn't a latency issue. It was more of a designing it to work with too many different sets of hardware issue.

I have the Ampkit and Amplitube software. They're ok as a backup at a gig, but neither really sounds good. I don't even use it anymore.
              My Youtube channel
              My reverbnation

Comment

From what I read a few months back, it wasn't a latency issue. It was more of a designing it to work with too many different sets of hardware issue.

Yeah, that's what I understood, too. Again, ICS was supposed to standardized a bunch of that.

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

I have the Ampkit and Amplitube software. They're ok as a backup at a gig, but neither really sounds good. I don't even use it anymore.

you have that on what?

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Bottom line - No apps like that for Android.

I'm an Android guy, but that is one thing I like about istuff better.
                    PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
                    Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
                    Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

I find the I-phone apps for guitar to be almost cool but ultimately awful.
                      I have the I-rig and Amplitube and Ampkit and I even fell for thet PRS POS.
                      All kind of suck with amplitube being the closest to working well but not quite.
                      If only I was all thumbs

Comment

Give it time. For such a novelty item its probably not on their list of priorities. It's not just a matter of processing since a lot of phones, especially my Samsung note can handle processing for many daw apps if needed.. iOS versions or any other mobile guitar apps still sound like **************** imo.

Get a laptop and use Scuffham S gear or something else. I laugh when people buy this $100 worth of extra hardware and software just to sound like fizzy **************** on their ****************ing phone.. of course those designers count on the want vs necessity anyway. It's like the dog licking his balls thing I guess, so they know who will buy into it no matter how mediocre.

Comment

I'm doubting it will ever happen because of the latency thing but also:

****************ing phones on Android are so different phone to phone.

So you have a 2 fold issue, hardware and software.

Never gonna happen. Bow down now to your imasters.
                          www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

I find the I-phone apps for guitar to be almost cool but ultimately awful.
                            I have the I-rig and Amplitube and Ampkit and I even fell for thet PRS POS.
                            All kind of suck with amplitube being the closest to working well but not quite.

I bought that ****************ing PRS cable bull**************** too. Total ripoff.

Garageband for iphone is awesome though.....and with that new recording interface for iphone/ipad that Tascam is selling now, you could have a super portable mini studio to run your preamps/modelers/mics in to.

I've been quite impressed with the acoustic guitar recordings I can do using only my iphone's built in mic and garageband.
                            Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                            Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                            Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                            ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

I bought that ****************ing PRS cable bull**************** too. Total ripoff.

Garageband for iphone is awesome though.....and with that new recording interface for iphone/ipad that Tascam is selling now, you could have a super portable mini studio to run your preamps/modelers/mics in to.

I've been quite impressed with the acoustic guitar recordings I can do using only my iphone's built in mic and garageband.

that sounds pretty cool.

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X