View Post

1lb = 2.204lbs, but thats ok

Fail.

but thats ok

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Emelianenko
      View Post

http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/fighter/shinya_aoki.htm

I just posted what they had. I don't really know what he weighs thats why I went to K-1's website.

GAT DAMN ERRONEOUS WEBSITES!!!

btw, you been flying much? I have a friend who just got his license
      ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
      Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
      carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nvcreations
        View Post

edited for RNC's sensitive self

don't cry

Comment

View Post

Nah, havent flown in over a month. Don't have the money or the time right now. And seeing the new fees that the Obama administration is looking to put in, I doubt Ill fly for a while.

you could try flying off the roof of your house

plz dai

Comment

yeah, kinda shocking, but not surpising. My buddy's neighbor has a mustang (i think) that he lets him fly in trade for routine maintenance.
            ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
            Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
            carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp
              View Post

Its very hard to break into mma without a wrestling base. It is impossilbe to find a place that will teach you wrestling. catch 22. having a wrestling base enables you to always be able to attain a dominant position and prevent yourself from being in a bad position. If you cant learn wrestling, which is understsandable, then i would suggest starting out with boxing and bjj. If you really want to start fighting mma one day you will need to find a place that will train your wrestling skills. If you just want to learn to to defend yourself and have fun getting a killer workout, stay the **************** away from karate and tae kwon do and any mall strip dojo's. those are great for children because they teach respect and honor but in the real world a boxer will beat the piss out of a karate instructor who is trying to get off his favorite kata while the boxer is throwing effective and powerful combinations. Go to a boxing gym and take bjj if you can find a school. those 2 elements will give you an excellent base both for protecting yourself and fighting in a controlled environment.

i don't know that i'm really interested in fighting, it's just the learning & training i'm wanting to get into really. the guy who teaches this class said they have a karate-centered program which is aimed more toward fitness than anything else, and another program that combines with some karate basics with bjj and boxing, which is aimed more toward real life combat...he said it would be a good place for beginners to come, but if i wanted to really get into it he said he could recommend a few other places

it's kind of a bummer that there really isn't very much offered around here aside from the strip mall dojo kinda places
              Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
              Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

View Post

Who should I test with, Nick or Dave? I.e. who would be cooler to have a belt from?

eh....i dunno

test under Ceasar

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp
                  View Post

Its very hard to break into mma without a wrestling base. It is impossilbe to find a place that will teach you wrestling. catch 22. having a wrestling base enables you to always be able to attain a dominant position and prevent yourself from being in a bad position. If you cant learn wrestling, which is understsandable, then i would suggest starting out with boxing and bjj.

I don't think you need to be a wrestler to be in mma at all. Plenty of great mma guys out there with poor wrestling (Anderson Silva, for example). Also, any mma gym teaches wrestling...
                  "congrats, and have a good day ****************ING your guitar!" - dunning-kruger

Comment

What're you testing for?
                    "congrats, and have a good day ****************ING your guitar!" - dunning-kruger

Comment

Sweet. Good luck.

I didn't even know you could "test" for a belt. I train at AKA, and the instructors there hand out belts kind of randomly...

Comment

View Post

Why not just get some Mario Sperry dvd's off Ebay, grab some friends, buy a gi and get to work?

Get a thai bag, hang it and hit it.

I dont understand the allure of the big gyms, or the fancy gyms. You dont need to go to one to develop your skills and have fun. Just learn a few things and get a mat and roll.

The big gyms can really help you in your professional endeavors, as far as getting you good fights, into orgs, etc. But if you're just trying to have fun, get a few books (Dave Camarillo's, Eddie Bravo's, BJ Penns) and some Dvd's (Like sperry's) and watch em, learn some things, try them and practice them.

it's not really a big or fancy gym i'm interested in, just one that's actually gonna teach me something worth learning...there are bags at my current gym i hit on quite a bit, but it would be nice to actually have some knowledge and technique as well

i may have to check out some of the books and stuff you mentioned tho

Comment

Google:

http://www.alliancegreenville.com/index1.php#

Comment

i already tried calling and e-mailing the people there, and can never get in touch with anyone

it may be worth my time to roll by the place sometime when i'm on that side of town tho

Comment

Yeah, I'd highly suggest getting some good instruction in an actual class. I learn more in a week of training than I do from months of looking at youtube videos and rolling with inexperienced friends

Comment

Fedor v Mousasi training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWeWwbP6C0

I just got Fedor's book the other day. Anyone read it? Going to start it next week.
                                Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

Comment

Working...
                                X