X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by nvcreations
    View Post

A for effort, but there absolutely DOES need to be a new thread for each event.

+1
    SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

i'd be curious to hear about who here is actually into MMA training, and what exactly their training consists of...

the gym i just signed up at has a guy that wants to get a 3 hour class deal going twice a week, but as of now there aren't enough people signed up to get it off the ground which is a real bummer...i talked to the guy on the phone for a good hour and what he's trying to offer is pretty much perfect for a noob like me, and for $40/month it's hard to say no
      Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
      Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahead1030
        View Post

i'd be curious to hear about who here is actually into MMA training, and what exactly their training consists of...

the gym i just signed up at has a guy that wants to get a 3 hour class deal going twice a week, but as of now there aren't enough people signed up to get it off the ground which is a real bummer...i talked to the guy on the phone for a good hour and what he's trying to offer is pretty much perfect for a noob like me, and for $40/month it's hard to say no

mma training =

grappling techniques

-free rolling

wrestling techniques

-freestyle wrestling

striking technigues

-sparring

im not really sure what you're asking so if you want more specifics I will help if i can

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Emelianenko
          View Post

I LOL'd.

Open handed, limp cock b-slaps don't count as boxing you pansy. Stick to BJJ.

I you KAZZ!

wtf are you talking about

Comment

yeah there has to be a new thread every time. although this would be good for discussion i guess in general their still has to be a new thread for new events like the griffin/silva, will definately be watching that.

also my cousin is training in MMA, not sure what exactly the training consists of or how often he goes cause he actually doesn't talk about it much, i'll have to ask him specifics of his training
            Originally Posted by Rampage

You have repressed sexual feelings for your father.

SPAM:PM ME
            SD Hot Rail LINK
            Dimarzio Tone Zone-Black F Spaced
            Dimarzio Air Norton-Black F Spaced

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked
              View Post

mma training =

grappling techniques

-free rolling

wrestling techniques

-freestyle wrestling

striking technigues

-sparring

im not really sure what you're asking so if you want more specifics I will help if i can

he said the program was intended to be karate-based, but they can focus more on boxing and bjj depending on what you want to learn

MMA competition isn't even legal in this state, so it's hard to find anyone that teaches anything beyond basics
              Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
              Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahead1030
                View Post

he said the program was intended to be karate-based, but they can focus more on boxing and bjj depending on what you want to learn

MMA competition isn't even legal in this state, so it's hard to find anyone that teaches anything beyond basics

Its very hard to break into mma without a wrestling base. It is impossilbe to find a place that will teach you wrestling. catch 22. having a wrestling base enables you to always be able to attain a dominant position and prevent yourself from being in a bad position. If you cant learn wrestling, which is understsandable, then i would suggest starting out with boxing and bjj. If you really want to start fighting mma one day you will need to find a place that will train your wrestling skills. If you just want to learn to to defend yourself and have fun getting a killer workout, stay the **************** away from karate and tae kwon do and any mall strip dojo's. those are great for children because they teach respect and honor but in the real world a boxer will beat the piss out of a karate instructor who is trying to get off his favorite kata while the boxer is throwing effective and powerful combinations. Go to a boxing gym and take bjj if you can find a school. those 2 elements will give you an excellent base both for protecting yourself and fighting in a controlled environment.
                Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

View Post

hows training in your garage going?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp
                    View Post

Its very hard to break into mma without a wrestling base. It is impossilbe to find a place that will teach you wrestling. catch 22. having a wrestling base enables you to always be able to attain a dominant position and prevent yourself from being in a bad position. If you cant learn wrestling, which is understsandable, then i would suggest starting out with boxing and bjj. If you really want to start fighting mma one day you will need to find a place that will train your wrestling skills. If you just want to learn to to defend yourself and have fun getting a killer workout, stay the **************** away from karate and tae kwon do and any mall strip dojo's. those are great for children because they teach respect and honor but in the real world a boxer will beat the piss out of a karate instructor who is trying to get off his favorite kata while the boxer is throwing effective and powerful combinations. Go to a boxing gym and take bjj if you can find a school. those 2 elements will give you an excellent base both for protecting yourself and fighting in a controlled environment.

perhaps if you stopped by your own gym on a tuesday or saturday, you might know we do Judo and freestyle on those days

a good BJJ school will have you working takedowns.

Comment

View Post

shinya aoki =/= 154

wanna double check that?
                      ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
                      Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
                      carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

I could weigh 120 in a week from now. Thats not what I weigh.

Comment

View Post

perhaps if you stopped by your own gym on a tuesday or saturday, you might know we do Judo and freestyle on those days

a good BJJ school will have you working takedowns.

lulz...im injurred nao and my work schedule is really nuts and some other stuff too, i cant really afford to stay in the city till7 or 8pm right now. i forgot to ask, how did those guys do at teh competition the other week. My friend who is 165 went against a kid that was 145 and tore him apart then his next opponent was the same wieght and took his arm home with him lol. at least he got one win.
                          Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

Van won two, Alex lost, Daniel (shaved head tall guy) did well i think. I cant remember anythign else.

Fabio got his purple, and daniel got his blue on saturday.

Also, Im staying here until the end of May. I'm probably competing this saturday. Wish meh luck

Comment

View Post

Aoki is 170 pounds. 69.7 Kg.

5'11"

1kg = 2.204lbs, but thats ok

edited for RNC's sensitive self
                              ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
                              Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
                              carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

View Post

Do you have to compete in the girls weight classes?

Surely, there cant be men around who weigh 135 pounds. I mean ****************, doesnt Maynard, the legless, armless guy weigh as much as you do?

train at a real gym. then talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X