1970s Peavey Deuce amps?

ESchmidt

• Members

I think that for $200, I cant really go wrong as the amp is in good working order with no issues. If anything else, it will be a fun little toy to mess with. The HC reviews seem to rave about these for the southern/classic rock tones I am looking for.

Here is a demo of how the amp sounds.

• Members

If you like the guitar sounds from Skynyrd's One From The Road you'll like a Deuce (I don't). The band used the Mace, which was the same pre, but a 160w output section.

YES! I just bought that on vinyl last month actually. Just if I had the chops of Rossington, Collins, Gaines....

• Members

heard a 3 piece blues/classic rock jam on one a few months back . . . the guy had it a bit dirty and would boost it with a tube screamer for solos . . . Great Sound . . . . plus it's a peavey so it's a workhorse amp . . . no issues with it after this many years, that's telling you something.

• Members

heard a 3 piece blues/classic rock jam on one a few months back . . . the guy had it a bit dirty and would boost it with a tube screamer for solos . . . Great Sound . . . . plus it's a peavey so it's a workhorse amp . . . no issues with it after this many years, that's telling you something.

Yeah I have a tubescreamer that I will use with it. Im looking forward to getting it.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I know this is soooo late but I just got my deuce running and went online searching for info, which brought me here...anyway...this is what I do...I run my super champ xd's line out into the deuce power amp section  also using a marshal power soak...I get the killer tones off of the little fender plus i can get it concert loud.....:smiley-music001:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had one in the late 70's, as stated before it was capable of being really loud but for me it was missing something which was probably coming from the solid state preamp section. Not the warmest tube tone but it worked ok. Gigged with it for many years. At the time I kind of wished I had bought a real fender twin, mesa boogie, or something similar. 

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • Members

got my duece on ebay...just the amp, put it in an old Fender 2-12 combo cab (slide right in just had to redrill mounting holes) and use it as a powered ext speaker for my Fender Super Champ XD....you got to hear what a Super champ sounds like through a Duece...HOLY  MOLY!!!

Archived