Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

Mesa/Kramer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone here had a bad experience with BRJ (run-around and very, very late, if I recall), and while they did get everything cleared up, it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Otherwise, however, it's been all stars and rainbows. Wouldn't mind trying one out, myself.

• Members

Someone here had a bad experience with BRJ (run-around and very, very late, if I recall), and while they did get everything cleared up, it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Otherwise, however, it's been all stars and rainbows. Wouldn't mind trying one out, myself.

• Members

My story:

Ordered a Black Friday guitar in November of 2010, with an estimated time of 3 month wait. Dropped a $600 deposit. Didn't think it was too bad for the price they were going at, so I hopped on!

Fast forward several months, with minimal e-mails and responses. Still no guitar.

August 2011: was told my guitar would be done soon and ready for hardware. Yay!

silence for another several months.

January 2012: Was told my guitar was almost done, it'd be another 2 weeks, and Bernie asked me to pay the remaining balance on the guitar, so I did. After over a year, I would be finally getting it! yay!

silence for several months.

March 2012: Was told my guitar had to be refinished again. Bummer. They only told me because I kept e-mailing them since I didn't get any other responses for months.

June 2012: Was told my guitar "would be done". No time frame given.

silence for several months, even until now.

Still have not heard anything about my guitar, when it would be done, and it's been 100% paid for since January. It'd been over 2 years. Sadly, I'm not the only one. Read the last few pages of the thread on sevenstring.org for more details, or just sift through the hundreds of pages in that thread.

No one knows when their guitar will be finished, people have received their guitars with SERIOUS flaws in them, wrong specs, etc. Many people (including me) are having their e-mails ignored. It's a mess.

see more here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lut...s-ad-free.html

• Members

My story:

Ordered a Black Friday guitar in November of 2010, with an estimated time of 3 month wait. Dropped a $600 deposit. Didn't think it was too bad for the price they were going at, so I hopped on!

Fast forward several months, with minimal e-mails and responses. Still no guitar.

January 2012: Was told my guitar was almost done, it'd be another 2 weeks, and Bernie asked me to pay the remaining balance on the guitar, so I did. After over a year, I would be finally getting it! yay!

March 2012: Was told my guitar had to be refinished again. Bummer. They only told me because I kept e-mailing them since I didn't get any other responses for months.

Still have not heard anything about my guitar, when it would be done, and it's been 100% paid for since January. It'd been over 2 years. Sadly, I'm not the only one. Read the last few pages of the thread on sevenstring.org for more details, or just sift through the hundreds of pages in that thread.

No one knows when their guitar will be finished, people have received their guitars with SERIOUS flaws in them, wrong specs, etc. Many people (including me) are having their e-mails ignored. It's a mess.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321 View Post
My story:

{censored}. That sucks.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321 View Post
My story:

{censored}. That sucks.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness View Post
My story
Called the shop and placed order for custom guitar.
Bernie gives me his personal cell number.
Have my guitar in less than 3 months.
No problems or issues.

that was before all this Black Friday stuff happened. I have no doubt in my mind that he was fantastic before this whole ordeal, but right now, it's just abysmal.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness View Post
My story
Called the shop and placed order for custom guitar.
Bernie gives me his personal cell number.
Have my guitar in less than 3 months.
No problems or issues.

that was before all this Black Friday stuff happened. I have no doubt in my mind that he was fantastic before this whole ordeal, but right now, it's just abysmal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321

View Post

I'm pretty sure Nate left because Bernie had too many projects going on and was promising stuff that Nate knew wouldn't happen. But I'm not 100 percent sure. Bernie is a better craftsman than a business man.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321

View Post

I'm pretty sure Nate left because Bernie had too many projects going on and was promising stuff that Nate knew wouldn't happen. But I'm not 100 percent sure. Bernie is a better craftsman than a business man.

• Members

If I remember right, wasn't the Black Friday sale just to mainly move some older guitars that were in stock at a great price?

I think i remember seeing a thread back then, maybe at rigtalk, and the response was so good that they kept taking orders at the special pricing even after the old stock was gone?

Is it possible that they just bit off more than they could chew, and didn't expect the huge Black Friday response and didn't know when to stop taking orders leaving them still behind to this day?

• Members

If I remember right, wasn't the Black Friday sale just to mainly move some older guitars that were in stock at a great price?

I think i remember seeing a thread back then, maybe at rigtalk, and the response was so good that they kept taking orders at the special pricing even after the old stock was gone?

Is it possible that they just bit off more than they could chew, and didn't expect the huge Black Friday response and didn't know when to stop taking orders leaving them still behind to this day?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post

Bingo , but it's bad business to promise a time frame that you know will not happen.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post

Bingo , but it's bad business to promise a time frame that you know will not happen.

Archived