Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only one I've ever played (the same jekyll that pv_impact mentioned) was awesome as hell. I hope Bernie can get his chit together and salvage his business because he's definitely skilled at what he does.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

God. The tuner holes on the headstock of that 8 string are just BRUTAL.
      Originally Posted by jnurp

murdoch always brings teh lulz.

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

Also MurdochV wins thread.

Originally Posted by sleewell

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

God. The tuner holes on the headstock of that 8 string are just BRUTAL.
        Originally Posted by jnurp

murdoch always brings teh lulz.

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

Also MurdochV wins thread.

Originally Posted by sleewell

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

did you see the neck shim?

that's not something you expect on a $3000+ guitar that you've waited 3 years for.

Harmony-Central: Holy War, frankencat, Wheeler004, Coach, rockitsauce, VinnyH, EdgeOfDarkness, ZCT423, datratbastud, applecakes1207, bridrive55, Crunchtime, buffbiff21, surfn748, rbasaria
          Rig-Talk: kurtsstuff, Ampaddict, Jeff Hilligan, 80's metal, Motorpud, moltenmetalburn, ::fred::
          TGP: ccrouch14, shred-dog, UConnjack, Gasp100

Black Water Guitars Custom Double II 7-String | RAN Crusher FF8

Comment

did you see the neck shim?

that's not something you expect on a $3000+ guitar that you've waited 3 years for.

Harmony-Central: Holy War, frankencat, Wheeler004, Coach, rockitsauce, VinnyH, EdgeOfDarkness, ZCT423, datratbastud, applecakes1207, bridrive55, Crunchtime, buffbiff21, surfn748, rbasaria
            Rig-Talk: kurtsstuff, Ampaddict, Jeff Hilligan, 80's metal, Motorpud, moltenmetalburn, ::fred::

Comment

Wasn't Bernie always semi-notorious for pushing projects back in order to file new orders in from internet celebs/gear whore dudes with a following? Was it Tornado of Trolls that got raepinated on his order LONG before the black friday sale thing? It does seem they're CAPABLE of making a hell of a guitar, but it seems once things started to slip they slipped fast and hard.

It's really sad, because some of their early work looked TRULY impressive. Now? Just another small time guy that can't follow through. Seems the guitar world is filling up with those types.
              Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Wasn't Bernie always semi-notorious for pushing projects back in order to file new orders in from internet celebs/gear whore dudes with a following? Was it Tornado of Trolls that got raepinated on his order LONG before the black friday sale thing? It does seem they're CAPABLE of making a hell of a guitar, but it seems once things started to slip they slipped fast and hard.

It's really sad, because some of their early work looked TRULY impressive. Now? Just another small time guy that can't follow through. Seems the guitar world is filling up with those types.
                Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

all these horror stories about these small guitar and amps builders.... I will take production gear from a reputable dealer any day over this BS.... there are SO many off the rack options out there for just about any style, no need to risk this type of headache.
                  http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

all these horror stories about these small guitar and amps builders.... I will take production gear from a reputable dealer any day over this BS.... there are SO many off the rack options out there for just about any style, no need to risk this type of headache.
                    http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
                      View Post

I agree with this to a degree, unless you really trust the person youre paying to build you something. For example, I never sent my mak4 in for updates because Andrew has a lot of work, and I didnt want to wait the amount of time he needed to get to it.

I had a HORRIBLE experience with Tim at EarCandy when I ordered some of his speakers, and Ive also heard WAY too many stories about him not fulfilling cab orders to order one from him...even though his cabs are my favorite cabs that Ive ever played, and Id LOVE to get another one.

Had a similar experience with a custom knife maker, but unfortunately, the guy took money from about 7 people and just vanished...no knife .
                      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

View Post

I agree with this to a degree, unless you really trust the person youre paying to build you something. For example, I never sent my mak4 in for updates because Andrew has a lot of work, and I didnt want to wait the amount of time he needed to get to it.

I had a HORRIBLE experience with Tim at EarCandy when I ordered some of his speakers, and Ive also heard WAY too many stories about him not fulfilling cab orders to order one from him...even though his cabs are my favorite cabs that Ive ever played, and Id LOVE to get another one.

Had a similar experience with a custom knife maker, but unfortunately, the guy took money from about 7 people and just vanished...no knife .
                        Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

That's a shame. I sure hope it's something reasonable for Bernie Rico Jnr. It'd be sad to have his Dad's legacy ruined by an inexplicable rough spot. That said, I just paid the remainder of my Jackson CS off.
                          Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
                          StevePage (b)
                          Deadeye Dom (s)
                          Maiden_Fan (s)
                          metareal (s)
                          YourGuitarHero (b)
                          Ratae Coritanorum (b)
                          ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

That's a shame. I sure hope it's something reasonable for Bernie Rico Jnr. It'd be sad to have his Dad's legacy ruined by an inexplicable rough spot. That said, I just paid the remainder of my Jackson CS off.
                            Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
                            StevePage (b)
                            Deadeye Dom (s)
                            Maiden_Fan (s)
                            metareal (s)
                            YourGuitarHero (b)
                            Ratae Coritanorum (b)
                            ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

View Post

Not the case with all small builders... my experience with Black Water Guitars (one man custom shop), was nothing short of amazing. So much so that I ordered another guitar one day after receiving my 7-string.

but BRJ on the other hand, would not deal with again. I'm actually trying to sell my spot now, but I don't think I would be able to with his reputation.

Comment

View Post

Not the case with all small builders... my experience with Black Water Guitars (one man custom shop), was nothing short of amazing. So much so that I ordered another guitar one day after receiving my 7-string.

but BRJ on the other hand, would not deal with again. I'm actually trying to sell my spot now, but I don't think I would be able to with his reputation.

Comment

Working...
                                X