Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa F-series Lounge. Come on in and share your secrets.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered the XT Live. Looking forward to experimenting with it thru my F-50. I'll post a follow-up in a few days.
    Gear For Sale:

Nothing at the moment......

Comment

Whilst we're lounging here are some of my F-series design fantasies.

Why not share yours?

Big smiles,

Andy.
      My chronological attempts at Home Recording my Mesa F-50... Comments? Tips? Advice?
      NEW! Dann'sTheMan NetMusicians Page...

Video Clips from Gospel Gigs
      NEW! Dann'sTheMan YouTube Vids...

Diagram of Main Rig. Piccie of Main Rig. The F-series Lounge. G-Major MIDI Controller Tips.

Comment

Hello all, first post, after reading your posts over the last few weeks i decided to join the brotherhood,got my F50 this week, its early days yet but im in love with this boogie, really pleased with it.

Gibson Les Paul Standard,USA Fender Deluxe Strat, Mesa Boogie F50, Boss GT8

Comment

Welcome to our brotherhood! I'm glad you found us

BTW, that beauty has pewter grille?
          www.scenerychannel.com - New "Hit" Songs! Mesa Mark IV and Single Recto tones.

my Mesa F50 clips : First One : Building The Mood : Seveno
          my Vox AD15VT clips : Voices From The Mountains : 3xS : TWIBMPG new!
          links : My Rig : Mesa F-series Lounge

Comment

Yes its Blue Bronco with Pewter Grille

Comment

Wow Welcome to the brotherhood, the _serpent!

Absolutely gorgeous! Is the pewter grill similar to the cloth used on the Lonestar? Did you custom order it? or was it bought used? What kind of music do you play?

Big smiles,

Andy.
              My chronological attempts at Home Recording my Mesa F-50... Comments? Tips? Advice?

Diagram of Main Rig. Piccie of Main Rig. The F-series Lounge. G-Major MIDI Controller Tips.

Comment

I'd love to have different coloring on the front grille. I'm not sure if I would like to change the black tolex... maybe to some cool wood

Anyway I asked about this from Finland's importer... The front panel where the logo is only a plate that is connected with for screws on my head... I asked if I could order that plate separately. The response was that it costs 300 euros which is the cost of whole custom order (for that money you get what wood and grille you want) ... well, it was too pricey to me. Have anyone else asked about this possibility... just ordering the front plate... I guess I would pay something like 50-70 euros

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi Inkila

I'd love to have different coloring on the front grille. I'm not sure if I would like to change the black tolex... maybe to some cool wood

Anyway I asked about this from Finland's importer... The front panel where the logo is only a plate that is connected with for screws on my head... I asked if I could order that plate separately. The response was that it costs 300 euros which is the cost of whole custom order (for that money you get what wood and grille you want) ... well, it was too pricey to me. Have anyone else asked about this possibility... just ordering the front plate... I guess I would pay something like 50-70 euros

Hi Tommi,

I've not asked... yet. I'd be interested in a new grill too (in tan) and keeping the black tolex. I don't think I would go through the European distributors though, because the cost gets crazy. I figured next time I was in LA, I'd see if I could swing by the Mesa outlet in Hollywood.

Ideally, we would be able to import one from a US supplier. Has any of the US brothers inquired about ordering a second grill?

Big smiles,

Andy.

Comment

I actually was quite surprised because the importer said that it isn't possible so easily. He said that if it would be possible, Mesa would drown into these small orders. Wouldn't that be nice extra business for Mesa?

If somebody has some first hand information about this please inform us...

BTW, I would probably go for the pewter grille

Comment

Im glad you like it

I got mine new as a custom order, well not my custom order, the store i use In the UK had 25 units imported for the sale in there stores across the UK. It cost the same as the 'Standard' version.

As for music I play.......well im eclectic, I play anything from classic rock, AC/DC,Led Zep and such, also im a fan of brit pop Stone Roses, and I like to play new stuff like Franz Ferdinand and The Killers.

Im working on my own songs, and after a few days with my new F50 im starting to get that elusive tone i have been looking for.

Comment

Curious if anyone has run a MESA bottle Rocket into an F-series amp?

I don't use channel 2 by itself, instead preferring CH2+Contour with the gain backed off as my crunch sound, so I'm looking for a lead bost. I don't really care for the sound of my TS or SOD with it since it makes the amp take on a more british character, so I thought the Bottle Rocket may be a good idea to keep it sounding "mesa-ish"

Anyone?

Comment

Hmm... I haven't tested the bottle rocket, but I know that V-Twin is very Mesaish... almost ended up with it + poweramp to be my setup.

Also, you could checkout the Visual Sound Jekyll&Hyde pedal, we changed few words about it few posts ago. I'm not sure if it will keep the tone Mesaish, though

Comment

I've been using a Bad Monkey in front of my F-50 head for a few months now. It's a very transparent pedal which makes the F-50 much more versatile for live use. I run the pedal as follows:

Bass = 30

High = cranked

gain = 120

Using these settings I can leave the Bad Monkey on util I want a clean sound. This setting gives the clean channel a really nice smooth overdrive which sounds very much like the clean channel does when you crank the gain and treble up. On the dirty side I keep the F-50 gain at around 10:30 with the highs and mids hanging right around 120 and the bass at around 9:30. On the dirt channel the Bad Monkey tightens up the amps distortion and pulls the "blanket" off my speaker cabinet. Keep in mind that cranking the highs on the Bad Monkey really doesn't add a ton of high end but rather pushes the output signal which hits the front end of the amp harder.

The bad monkey also works well as a clean boost in front of the Dirt channel. Just crank the level control and set everything else at 120. The only problem is that you can't use it in conjunction with your clean channel because the volume with the pedal on is so much louder than with it off. I actually prefer this setting for making the dirt channel scream but opt for the above settings which effectively gives me 4 really good channels.

The best part is that the Bad Monkey is only $39 and smokes a lot of the other OD pedals that I've tried. Damn, I better quit loafing on the job.
                            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

The Monkey strikes again! I'm diggin mine too...
                              Gear For Sale:

Nothing at the moment......

Comment

I have a Mesa V-Twin pedal that I usually use with my Fender Princeton Chorus. I haven't really spent any serious time trying it in front of my F-50. The one time that I did, I remember thinking that I preferred the voicing of the amp without the additional pedal. I remember it sounding too compressed to my ears, but this could well be that I spent next to no time trying to find new settings for the Mesa + Mesa combination. The V-Twin is a great device, but it needs to be partnered carefully with the right amp. I should experiment more...

I do sometimes run a vintage MXR Dynacomp ('78 pots) as a boost in front of the F-50, thus turning the 3 channel MIDI setup that I described above into a pseudo 6 channel set-up. I also occasionally use the MXR as a compressor for clean sounds, but the older Dynacomps work particularly well as boosters as they have a high output for slamming an amp's front end (I learnt that my hero Dann Huff uses one a great deal in this way ).

I'm also potentially interested in the Bad Monkey that everyone seems to be raving about (love the clips of your band LithiumZero! ), even though I'm not really a stomp box kind a guy (at most the Dynacomp and a Vox Wah). Just need to investigate if they are as cheap in Rip Off Britain.

Big smiles,

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                                X