Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa F-series Lounge. Come on in and share your secrets.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Joeytpg
    View Post

Hey Andy! nice to hear from you again buddy. how's everything?

I've heard great things about the Powerblock, do you like it? How are you using it? as a Poweramp for the POD?

My girlfriend's brother wants to buy a Cab to hook his POD XT LIVE and i suggested the Crate Prowerblock because I've read it's very CLEAN (it doesn't color the sound)

Hi Joey,

I'm well. Hope you are too.

Regarding the Powerblock, I don't use it at all at the moment - I simply picked it up because it was a good price. If I get around to picking up the appropriate gear, I figure I may experiment in using it either in a Slave set up (Attenuator->FX Unit->PowerBlock->Speaker), or perhaps in a Wet/Dry/Wet set up (FX Send->G-Major->PowerBlock in Stereo-> Stereo Cabs + Combo speaker for dry sound). For the time being, it's just sitting in my music room waiting for a mission,

Big smiles,

Andy.
    My chronological attempts at Home Recording my Mesa F-50... Comments? Tips? Advice?
    NEW! Dann'sTheMan NetMusicians Page...

Video Clips from Gospel Gigs
    NEW! Dann'sTheMan YouTube Vids...

Diagram of Main Rig. Piccie of Main Rig. The F-series Lounge. G-Major MIDI Controller Tips.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Joeytpg
      View Post

hey brothers.... i made a clip. This is one of the songs I'm working on for my album. It's a Blues tune, it's very raw, but you get the idea. I'm in the creative part of the album (writing it!) and I don't record much during this phase, It blocks my creativity, but I was testing something in Logic 8 and recorded this quickly.

It's just my F-50 (with the old Mesa tubes still) and y strat with EMG S/S/85 system (two single coils which sound very good actually.

hope you enjoy it.

Also, don't pay attention to the solo because it's not THE solo, just the general idea of how i want it to sound.

it's the first one "F-50 Blues"

http://www.soundclick.com/joeytpg

Sweet tone and production, my friend. Lovely bluesy chord progression with some great musical ideas too. I look forward to hearing the finished article,

Big smiles,

Andy.
      My chronological attempts at Home Recording my Mesa F-50... Comments? Tips? Advice?
      NEW! Dann'sTheMan NetMusicians Page...

Video Clips from Gospel Gigs
      NEW! Dann'sTheMan YouTube Vids...

Diagram of Main Rig. Piccie of Main Rig. The F-series Lounge. G-Major MIDI Controller Tips.

Comment

• Thanks a lot Andy, means a lot coming from you man. It's not too polished, and the playing's not great, but I don't mind, it's just a quick clip.

I'm in the writing process like I said, so far I have like 11, 12 song ideas, but there are like 5 or 6 that I KNOW will end up in the record.

I'll post here as long as i have more songs and or clips.
        GEAR:
        Diezel Vh4, Duesentrieb Little Joe
        Fender Princeton Reverb RI
        Framus 2x12
        Fender John Mayer Strat, MIA Fender Strat
        Edwards Explorer, Edwards Les Paul Custom
        Larrivée OM-03R Acoustic

Comment

• started a thread over here with a rough demo i recorded earlier today as a present for the GF. Looking for suggestions on how to do it better and not give F-50s a bad name, heh.
          "You forget, this is HCAF, where everyone thinks like Stephen Hawking, fights like Manny Pacquiao, pulls trim like Justin Timberlake, and emotes like The Terminator...as long as it's someone else's dog who died" -Benjamin801

Gear:
          Yamaha SBG700S -> Peavey Classic 50 410 / Kustom Double Cross
          Yamaha SBG700S -> Digitech Bad Monkey -> Mesa/Boogie F-50 head -> Avatar 4x12 with v30s

Droppin similes like i got holes in my pants pockets.

Comment

• guess what. I can officially hang in the F lounge now!

new (to me) F-100 all paid off today!
            I do not accept any liability for anything said in the above post.

For your reference, what I'm mostly using right now:
            Laney VH100R
            Titan "Cerberus" (sorta)
            Mesa 4x12, homegrown 6x12 (v30/g12h30)

My Band: Jesust

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by dropship-dvd
              View Post

*spam snip*

hello and **************** you!

Laney VH100R
              Titan "Cerberus" (sorta)

Comment

• Hey Everybody,

I haven't posted here often, if at all, but I have an effects question that is also F-series specific. I hoped maybe someone here could help. I am running a few pedals in front of my F30, and several in the loop. I found that when I try to power the pedals in front of the amp and the ones in the loop with the same power supply, I get a very noticeable hum. If I use two different power supplies, all is well. I have tried a couple of different supplies,(one spot and gator) and had the same result with either. I just can't seem to get the before amp and loop stuff to get along.

I am curious if any other f-series owners have experienced this, or if maybe there is a fault with my amp. I called and talked to someone at Mesa about it. He really couldn't explain it, and said I might just have to use the two seperate supplies. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to simplify.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• Hello All,

FNG Here. I just purchased a new g major and I had planned to purchase a midi foot switch later. Can I use the g major with the front buttons or do I have to use the footswitch for the unit to work? Thanks, Bill

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by 1Knucklehead
                    View Post

Hello All,

FNG Here. I just purchased a new g major and I had planned to purchase a midi foot switch later. Can I use the g major with the front buttons or do I have to use the footswitch for the unit to work? Thanks, Bill

You can do everything from the G-Major's front panel, but I certainly wouldn't want to gig that way.

Do yourself a favor and read the manual for the G-Major if you haven't already. You should get a really good insight into what it can do and maybe learn some new things. As a general tip, I leave both the input and output knobs at 120 and adjust my overall level with the output knob from there. My clean master is usually at 110 (gain @ 120) where CH2's master is 100 (gain @ 10) for practice and gigs.
                    Need custom rig graphics, band logos, CD art, metal or plastic nameplates? E-mail me: hal9000
                    Samples: NEW! Blonde Tremoverb | VHT 50CL | Blackface 2-Chan Recto | Metal Logo | Logo | Andy’s Rig | Logo 2 | Bass Rig

My Gig Rig | My Band: Afraid Dave
                    My Backup Rig | My Wet/Dry Setup

Mesa F-series: NEW! FX LOOP MASTER VOLUME | Audition Settings (web) (printable) (printable blanks)
                    F-100 Clips, Clean: Haunting | One Night’s Sleep, Mid Gain: Strong Woman | High Gain: Dig | Sludge | COC-Infinte War | COC-It Is That Way

Mesa F-series Owner’s Lounge

Comment

• Thanks hal9000, I've been reading thru this thread and I sure appreciate all the info you provide to the forum. I'm assuming the "input and output knobs at 12" are the ones on the g major. And the "overall level" with my f50. I have been listening to what you and a few others said about the g major and thats what motivated me to buy the g major.

I'm planning to read the manual, (lots of info) at the moment I selected analog not digital, and no midi. But I'm not getting any fx. Thanks, Bill

Comment

• Not wanting to offend everyone but just a quick note that I have a pristine 2005 F50 combo for sale (which I am posting on the Amps for sale thread). Buying a house so need the $$ BUT NOT selling my F30!! so I will still be an F-series loving brother. WILL CONSIDER ANY SERIOUS OFFER. eBay sale has not started yet. Pics here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze72kg5/b...album/id2.html

Thanks for your time!
                        -2005 Les Paul Standard (in Iced Tea!)
                        -Mahogany Strat
                        -Egnater Rebel 20 w/ 1x12 Egnater cab
                        -Orange Tiny Terror
                        -2 Gibson GoldTones
                        -THD 2x12 Cab

Comment

• hey guys, do your F-series amps have a metal rod(like on the pic below) or a metal grille in the back to protect the tubes?

Iced Tea, i hope you don't me linking to your pic

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mrmot
                            View Post

hey guys, do your F-series amps have a metal rod(like on the pic below) or a metal grille in the back to protect the tubes?

Iced Tea, i hope you don't me linking to your pic

No problem Mrmot - anything for an F-series brother (except a free F50)!
                            -2005 Les Paul Standard (in Iced Tea!)
                            -Mahogany Strat
                            -Egnater Rebel 20 w/ 1x12 Egnater cab
                            -Orange Tiny Terror
                            -2 Gibson GoldTones
                            -THD 2x12 Cab

Comment

• metal schtick on the hundy for me.

Laney VH100R
                              Titan "Cerberus" (sorta)

Comment

• "Hey otter5555, welcome to the F-brotherhood, stick around and read a little, you'll find A LOT of good stuff in this lounge.

F-series amps RULE the world. I LOVE my f-50!

by the way, post some pics and clips if you can.

You play tha' blues you say.........what do you like?? I'm getting into Blues, learning some blues pentatonics, etc."

heres a link to a short mp3 that i jammed over for a few minutes this afternoon.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=776643

Please be kind

i'm just an old fart with arthritic fingers.

i used my f-30, a boss rv5 and boss dd-3 in the effects loop

and my gibson sg guitar.

otter

Comment

Working...
                                X