X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by theDogger
    View Post

Sorry it is R25

in this pic

R25 - blu-gry-org-gold(68k? 5%) (Also has a different resistor under it with a cap?)

What is the caps value that is connected with the R25

theDogger

take a picture of the other side of r25 im sure there is a piggy back cap on there aside from the resistor connected to one end of r25.

Oh yeah and Dogger, can i get a link to the purchase page for the loop?
    Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
    Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
    Like me on facebook
    Follow me on twitter

Comment

• mBlooper here ya go.

Zero-Less FX Loop Kit

I just waiting on the mail now...

theDogger
      - Ibanez MTM2(EMG-18Voltz) -
      - Mesa Boogie Single Rec -
      - Egnator Vengeance -
      - TC Electronics G-Major
      - Custom 4x12 Build DIY -
      - https://www.facebook.com/bfgcabs/

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mblooper45
        View Post

I'm sure he will mind very much.

Your messing with the guys lively hood.

I don't approve, but I don't disprove either.

I agree that getting the brown eye modded jca 20h is pretty over priced, why doesn't mike strike a deal with Dave and make another version of the 20h (with a slightly modded pcb) that way you can get a jca20hb stock.

My advice to you dogger is to either ship a multimeter to the eternal (assuming he don't already have one) or seek schematics for the dave friedman hb mod (they exist, you just have to be smart about where you search).

Now the eternal, does the black goop covered thing go to the preamp volume or the master volume?

The wisest way to go about this is for you to buy a multimeter and to aquire the stock schematic for the jca20h, mapping the amp out part by part (be warned that some of the things such as piggy backed resistors and caps will change the architecture.

If you lived in the san diego area I could probably map it out in a day or two.

Actually it is spawnofthesith that has been taking all the photos.. I will be getting my JCA2112RC today, but it is stock.. Dodger would have to send the multimeter to sith.. Also, yes I do realize that Friedman would mind.. He would probably crap his pants if he saw this thread.. I was joking when I said he would not mind.. Anyway he is pretty safe unless we found out what is in the mystery goop thing attached to the switch..

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TheEternal
          View Post

Actually it is spawnofthesith that has been taking all the photos.. I will be getting my JCA2112RC today, but it is stock.. Dodger would have to send the multimeter to sith.. Also, yes I do realize that Friedman would mind.. He would probably crap his pants if he saw this thread.. I was joking when I said he would not mind.. Anyway he is pretty safe unless we found out what is in the mystery goop thing attached to the switch..

Boy people need to learn how to read....its the DOGGER not DODGER..

theDogger
          - Egnator Vengeance -
          - TC Electronics G-Major

Comment

• Ohhhhhh......

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TheEternal
              View Post

Ohhhhhh......

Np just busting your BALLZ!

theDogger
              - Egnator Vengeance -
              - TC Electronics G-Major

Comment

• My eyes must be playin' tricks on me..

I can't wait to get my 2112RC..

Comment

• Got my 2112RC today! Just spent about an hour messing with it.

Can't crank it just yet, So volume only on 1, but it sounded better at 1 than any other amp I've had. I'm pretty sure I could take this to a practice/show, plug straight into it and be happy.

I like how bright it is, but not ear piercing JCM800 bright.

Wouldnt mind a little bit more gain, I'm a booster anyways though. although I'm sure the gain is really limited with the volume on 1 lol

Leads really jump out, reminds me of the Carvin Legacy in some ways

Good job Jet City
                  www.myspace.com/diminishedmodulation

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RebelShredmojo
                    View Post

Got my 2112RC today! Just spent about an hour messing with it.

Can't crank it just yet, So volume only on 1, but it sounded better at 1 than any other amp I've had. I'm pretty sure I could take this to a practice/show, plug straight into it and be happy.

I like how bright it is, but not ear piercing JCM800 bright.

Wouldnt mind a little bit more gain, I'm a booster anyways though. although I'm sure the gain is really limited with the volume on 1 lol

Leads really jump out, reminds me of the Carvin Legacy in some ways

Good job Jet City

Try the gain on 7 and the volume on 5 when your able.. That amp smokes.. I just got one today as well, and you will not believe what it will do cranked up..

Comment

• I know I'm gonna go with JJ EL84s and JJ 12ax7s

Is there any reason why buying the Laney LC15 tube kit from eurotubes wouldnt work?

Its 2 high gain 12ax7s for V1 and V2, and then some tube for V3.

Im just assuming the Jet city works the same way?

Also, dumb question I'm sure.... I have the combo, If the speakers not broken in, how does that affect the tone? Sadly as many amps/cabs I've owned...this is my first new one.
                      www.myspace.com/diminishedmodulation

Comment

• aslong as its 2 el84s and 3 12ax7s you should be golden
                        Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                        Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                        Like me on facebook
                        Follow me on twitter

Comment

• I should finally be able to try new tubes in my JCA20H. They were supposed to be here yesterday but they didn't show up. Fricken USPS

I ordered TAD EL84s and JJ 12AX7s, so I will report back how those sound in comparison to the stock tubes
                          VHT/Fryette DEATH SQUAD

Great deals here and on Rig-talk with: Boatshoes/smucarolina, goldwing68nv, tkozuch, chakosh, Norton666

Current whoredom: VHT Pitbull 50/CL

Past whordom: Peavey 5150 II | ENGL Steve Morse 100 | Jet City JCA20H | Mesa Boogie Mark V | Sunn 200s | Orange Thunderverb 50 | Peavey 5150 | Laney GH100L

Originally Posted by MarkBastable

You don't crap in the bidet, you colonial peasant.

Comment

• It appears that the 2112RC is different enough that the mods might not apply..

Not that it can't be modded of course, but....

Comment

• Hi folks - I just picked up one of these and have been reading the progress.

Just FYI - I ordered the Hammond Choke referenced on the first page - Mouser has them in stock (4 left now).

Comment

• I just replaced valves using JJ ECC83S and JJ EL84 on my JCH 20m and bias the power valves.The weird thing that happens is that I can

Comment

Working...
                                X