The Tone King - SUCKS

iloveespguitars

• Members

I hate his videos. He can't play well, he got terrible tone, ...

The only reason I watch some of his videos is because he demos some pedals that no one else is demo'ing on youtube.

He f**king plays a blues tune to review a metal pedal, wtf is up with that jackass

Anyways, that's my rant.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that the tone is always bad.

Some of the stuff isn't even close-mic'd either, just webcam audio. I remember one video like that and it was a 6505/Bugera 6260 shootout.

If you're gonna seriously compare two amps:

1. Use 1 cab, close mic'd.

2. Reamp the same performance through both amps, and switch between them, don't plug into one and play something and then plug into the other amp and play something. :facepalm:

nB4shitstorm

• Members

This topic has been visited many times already.
:facepalm:

Yeah, it appears no one reads the Search Announcement up top, not that that's a substitute for a good forum search tool, but still.

To the op, hi welcome to last year's winner of the dead horse topic of the year award.:deadhorse:

• Members

i wish i had hte money to set up the operation he does, i feel like i would make the illest review videos seeing as how i know how to dial amps and am a pretty established guitar player.

And are pretty good at giving yourself attaboys.

• Members

I hate his videos. He can't play well, he got terrible tone, ...

The only reason I watch some of his videos is because he demos some pedals that no one else is demo'ing on youtube.

He f**king plays a blues tune to review a metal pedal, wtf is up with that jackass

Anyways, that's my rant.

This is true of most of the people who demo pedals and amps.

Archived