Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jca50H / 100h/ 22h mod thread and owners club

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ok, i use the "clean channel mod" on both cannels to reduce the gain, using a 220k resistance soldered on the pin 1 and 3 of overdrive pot,and 68k in the clean channel, i reduced gain but i have a loss of bass frequences and an increasement of highs, now, i was wondering if it was possible to reduce highs and increase bass changing the value of c27 and what value of c27, or changing the caps of eq, increasing the value of c14 to 1nf to reduce only the high frequences cut, I'm I wrong? another solutions? it's JCA50h JJ preamp tubes and TAD output tubes

    Comment


    • Bought a Bogner Ecstasy red pedal, running it into the Jet City combo. Its pretty good, gave it more gain and thickness. Def much better then stock, still gotta play around more with it.
      Fender Blues Deluxe/Bogner Red XTC Blue PedalGibson SG Standard2009 Gibson les paul StudioA day without sex is a day wasted

      Comment


      • I just recieved my JCA2212 combo yesterday and I must say it sounds really awsome right out of the box. Reading about all your mods I thought the amp wouldn't sound very good. But it does. It kiks ass. I wonder how it'll sound as soon as I upgrade it with a bunch of 12AX7 I already bought.



        I mean, the amp is improvable but already kicks major ass to some amps in the same price range I already tried. At least for my taste.

        Comment


        • I finally go to posting the 100h and 22h schematics.

          the 2 didn't come with any part values but t shouldnt be to hard to figure them out with the 50h and 100h schematic.









          Quote Originally Posted by NCarmona
          View Post

          I just recieved my JCA2212 combo yesterday and I must say it sounds really awsome right out of the box. Reading about all your mods I thought the amp wouldn't sound very good. But it does. It kiks ass. I wonder how it'll sound as soon as I upgrade it with a bunch of 12AX7 I already bought.



          I mean, the amp is improvable but already kicks major ass to some amps in the same price range I already tried. At least for my taste.




          Yup we don't mod it because it sucks me mod it because it's a great plataform that sounds amazing right out of the box.
          Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
          Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
          Like me on facebook
          Follow me on twitter

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
            View Post

            I finally go to posting the 100h and 22h schematics.

            the 2 didn't come with any part values but t shouldnt be to hard to figure them out with the 50h and 100h schematic.





            Yup we don't mod it because it sucks me mod it because it's a great plataform that sounds amazing right out of the box.






            I have the 22H (same for 2212) service manual and there you can find the values of all components. If you don't have the service manual i can email you a copy.

            I would LOOOVE to see all these mods applied for the 2212.

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by Edu
              View Post

              I have the 22H (same for 2212) service manual and there you can find the values of all components. If you don't have the service manual i can email you a copy.

              I would LOOOVE to see all these mods applied for the 2212.




              send away
              Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
              Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
              Like me on facebook
              Follow me on twitter

              Comment


              • What's your email? So i can send the service manual.

                Comment


                • Has anyone done some sound clips of their mod's?

                  Keen to listen to the change in tone.
                  My Band

                  Comment


                  • I've been procrastinating/ too busy to make clips but thats on my short list of things to do when I get on break.
                    Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                    Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                    Like me on facebook
                    Follow me on twitter

                    Comment


                    • the Blackstar Brigade/Owner's group can kick your group's ass



























































































                      My Clips
                      BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
                      GOOD TRANNY WITH:
                      EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

                      MAPS n stuff
                      Blackstar HT-100
                      B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
                      4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
                      Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
                      AMT P1
                      Vox wah
                      Home-made pedal board

                      GUITARS
                      -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
                      -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by rugbyguitargod
                        View Post

                        the Blackstar Brigade/Owner's group can kick your group's ass































































































                        No it can't, Try again when you have a thread with 56 pages.
                        Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                        Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                        Like me on facebook
                        Follow me on twitter

                        Comment


                        • mesa boogie f-series lounge has 7000+ posts with a lot of kickass clips!



                          This thread needs clips.
                          "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!


                          short answer: no...

                          long answer: no way..."

                          Comment


                          • Hi!



                            I recieved my Jet City JCA2212 a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I recieved a matched pair of EL844's. I already e-mailed Jet City asking if it was possible to swap EL84 with EL844, EL84M, and all EL84 variants. They told me there would be no problem and that I wouldn't need to adjust bias since it is a fixed bias amp.



                            When I instaled the EL844 the amp sounded distorted and even sputty at all volume levels. Even at its maximum, the amp volume was very low (not higher than what I usually get with the master volume at 1,5 - 2). Sometimes the volume would fluctuate. After a couple of minutes of playing I decided to turn off the amp and install the EL84 back again: sounded perfect again.





                            My question is: is this a problem with the valves? or do I need a tech to adjust the bias when installing the EL844's?

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
                              View Post

                              No it can't, Try again when you have a thread with 56 pages.




                              well, it was meant as a joke. However, since math eludes you, your thread has 16 pages with the settings at 20 posts per page.



                              the Blackstar thread (mine) has 22 pages with the same settings. ****************ing Maths... how does it work?
                              My Clips
                              BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
                              GOOD TRANNY WITH:
                              EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

                              MAPS n stuff
                              Blackstar HT-100
                              B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
                              4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
                              Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
                              AMT P1
                              Vox wah
                              Home-made pedal board

                              GUITARS
                              -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
                              -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by rugbyguitargod
                                View Post

                                well, it was meant as a joke. However, since math eludes you, your thread has 16 pages with the settings at 20 posts per page.



                                the Blackstar thread (mine) has 22 pages with the same settings. ****************ing Maths... how does it work?




                                http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...nd-owners-club.

                                Idk you tell me, lol.
                                Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                                Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                                Like me on facebook
                                Follow me on twitter

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X