Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jca50H / 100h/ 22h mod thread and owners club

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by KENNYKING1965
    View Post

    Had Slo mod done kept stock pots. OD channel gain much smoother less fizz. Love it. Depth mod done noticed with 1 meg pot I hear tone change only in the first 1/3 of rotation. Would 500k be better? Also effects noticable when at low volume under 3 mv.




    Quote from VH4 (Duesentrieb) who, I think, created the depth mod: "Also you can find instructions with 1M log pots - with smaller valued pots you will have a better control over the amount of depth. 250k log works perfect IMO."

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tone
      View Post

      Quote from VH4 (Duesentrieb) who, I think, created the depth mod: "Also you can find instructions with 1M log pots - with smaller valued pots you will have a better control over the amount of depth. 250k log works perfect IMO."




      I prefer the 1m.

      So the people Who wanted a better clean, why not try the decadence mod?
      Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
      Like me on facebook
      Follow me on twitter

      Comment


      • this depth mod..the red feedback wire is connected to the resistor? would the depth mod work by un attaching the red wire at the 4ohm jack socket end and connecting it to the pot and then another wire to bridge the pot back to the 4ohm jack connector where the previous red wire was attached to...would that be right?

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by kh602
          View Post

          this depth mod..the red feedback wire is connected to the resistor? would the depth mod work by un attaching the red wire at the 4ohm jack socket end and connecting it to the pot and then another wire to bridge the pot back to the 4ohm jack connector where the previous red wire was attached to...would that be right?




          What? It is wired like on the diagram.



          On the 50 the wire was long enough where I just cut it to length and put the pot on the back.
          Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
          Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
          Like me on facebook
          Follow me on twitter

          Comment


          • Does anyone know if the Transformers are the same in the 22H as the 20H ?

            I also have some questions about 20H mods and 20H design / high gain design.

            I am not a High Gain Player , did like my stock 800 Amps .. is it possible to either gain this amp / 20H down a bit to get a smoother early edge break up ( ala 18 watt, AC15 and most other "boutique 18 watters these days) and still get into Plexi type drive .. of course still having the ablity to have high gain would be a plus.

            I have a 20H with MM trannys and choke .. considering the 22H .. not overly thrilled with this amp and need help with mods .. component brands .. values .. etc

            I first started out just wanting to upgrade the components.

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by Rokalias
              View Post

              Does anyone know if the Transformers are the same in the 22H as the 20H ?

              I also have some questions about 20H mods and 20H design / high gain design.

              I am not a High Gain Player , did like my stock 800 Amps .. is it possible to either gain this amp / 20H down a bit to get a smoother early edge break up ( ala 18 watt, AC15 and most other "boutique 18 watters these days) and still get into Plexi type drive .. of course still having the ablity to have high gain would be a plus.

              I have a 20H with MM trannys and choke .. considering the 22H .. not overly thrilled with this amp and need help with mods .. component brands .. values .. etc

              I first started out just wanting to upgrade the components.




              I think the p.t. is different on the 20h than it is on the 22h.

              Why not just turn the 20 into a mini jcm?

              Shoot me a p.m. and we'll talk it out.
              Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
              Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
              Like me on facebook
              Follow me on twitter

              Comment


              • hi, someone can add some photos of decadence mod? and someone know if it's possible to reduce the gain of the JCA50h to create a sound near a plexi?

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by Giobo91
                  View Post

                  hi, someone can add some photos of decadence mod? and someone know if it's possible to reduce the gain of the JCA50h to create a sound near a plexi?




                  The decadence mod is wired exactly how it is in the picture. It's possible,but why would you want to? Why not just get a plexi instead?
                  Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                  Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                  Like me on facebook
                  Follow me on twitter

                  Comment


                  • because my jca50 has tons of high frequences and i want to have a warmer sound in clean and distortion, it's possible?

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by Giobo91
                      View Post

                      because my jca50 has tons of high frequences and i want to have a warmer sound in clean and distortion, it's possible?




                      You change your tubes yet?
                      Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                      Like me on facebook
                      Follow me on twitter

                      Comment


                      • yes,i changed all tubes with jj 12ax7 ad TAD 6l6

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by Giobo91
                          View Post

                          because my jca50 has tons of high frequences and i want to have a warmer sound in clean and distortion, it's possible?




                          The design of the pre-amp is geared towards HM. There

                          Comment


                          • and if i try to change the value of r41 or c27 can i create a sound with less gain?

                            If i chage the c27 with a 500p cap what effect can i obtain?

                            Comment


                            • After doing the depth mod on my jca22h I can now hear my guitars vol pot scratching as I turn it. This happens on all of my guitars. Could these be related? I dont remember hearing this before the mod, but I could be wrong. Its MUCH louder than any other amp I have...5150, Blackstar HT5, Goldea RX3200, Blackheart Handsome Devil etc.



                              Thanks.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by Giobo91
                                View Post

                                and if i try to change the value of r41 or c27 can i create a sound with less gain?

                                If i chage the c27 with a 500p cap what effect can i obtain?




                                From looking at the schematic I

                                Comment









                                Working...
                                X