Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jca50H / 100h/ 22h mod thread and owners club

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to install the fixed depth mod on my JCA22H, but am still confused about how to do it. Do you think you guys could post some pics or something showing where to connect the wires?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by De La Crusher
      View Post

Not a big rush. I actually have 2 JCA50s because I like it so much, a backup is a must... so i got the time. Whats more important is a complete and accurate list and instructions. As far as didstributer, as long as I get the right stuff, it doesnt matter. Are there kits available?

No one sells kits.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkGear
      View Post

I'd like to install the fixed depth mod on my JCA22H, but am still confused about how to do it. Do you think you guys could post some pics or something showing where to connect the wires?

Why do you want it to be fixed?
      Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
      Like me on facebook
      Follow me on twitter

Comment

• ok not kit needed. All i need is a list of parts and where they go. pics would be nice to go with it but I understand.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
          View Post

No one sells kits.

Why do you want it to be fixed?

I want to keep the chassis stock and do not want to drill holes in it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by JunkGear
            View Post

I want to keep the chassis stock and do not want to drill holes in it.

you could remove one of the output jacks that you don't use and put the pot there. a couple of other people have done it like that on the 50h.

you should do it like the xl mod if you still want fixed depth.

Like me on facebook
            Follow me on twitter

Comment

• Hey Edge, is this "XL" the same for the 50h?

Comment

• So if I unsolder the wire (Shown with red arrow in picture) from the output jack board and insert the resistor/cap combo between there, is that the right place for the depth mod?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by JunkGear
                  View Post

So if I unsolder the wire (Shown with red arrow in picture) from the output jack board and insert the resistor/cap combo between there, is that the right place for the depth mod?

Ah didn't know that the 22 had the output jacks on a board. They are hand wired on the 50h and the 20h.

in that case if you still don't want to add a hole You can just wire it up like the xl mod.
                  Like me on facebook
                  Follow me on twitter

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by De La Crusher
                    View Post

Hey Edge, is this "XL" the same for the 50h?

I don't know why you would want to have a fixed depth instead of a pot unless you don't want to drill new holes.
                    Like me on facebook
                    Follow me on twitter

Comment

• Thanks for the info. The mod went fine, but I'm not sure I'm digging the sound with the 220K resistor. Guess I will have to try the pot so I can vary the resistance.

Comment

• So, if i wanted to do a depth mod on my JCA 22h, do i have to drill a hole then? Or is it still possible to do it like the 20, and use the superfluous (for my purposes) second 8ohm out? I was hoping to do the depth mod as my first mod...

Comment

• Hi All,

I have a problem with my JCA100H (

got no guitar sound from the overdrive channel, just a buzzing noise (buzz stops with gain at 0).

clean channel is still working fine.

I've tried to swap out preamp tubes with no results.

I've also tried to plug in directly into the return, it sounds OK to my ears.

Any idea before I send the head to a tech ?

Cheers,

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kaoslord
                            View Post

Hi All,

I have a problem with my JCA100H (

got no guitar sound from the overdrive channel, just a buzzing noise (buzz stops with gain at 0).

clean channel is still working fine.

I've tried to swap out preamp tubes with no results.

I've also tried to plug in directly into the return, it sounds OK to my ears.

Any idea before I send the head to a tech ?

Cheers,

If you aren't technically inclined It is best to just send it to your tech man.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoseven
                            View Post

So, if i wanted to do a depth mod on my JCA 22h, do i have to drill a hole then? Or is it still possible to do it like the 20, and use the superfluous (for my purposes) second 8ohm out? I was hoping to do the depth mod as my first mod...

You can it's just harder. It's best to just drill the new hole.
                            Like me on facebook
                            Follow me on twitter

Comment

• Ah well, I'm gonna have to start drilling into it eventually, for the clean crunch switch... Thanks..

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
                                View Post

I don't know why you would want to have a fixed depth instead of a pot unless you don't want to drill new holes.

Im not sure you understand me or if Im understanding you on this. Im asking about the XL mod itself. First, is the XL mod and the Depth mod the same thing? second, I'm still trying to get info on all parts needed and "how to" information on both the depth mod and the SLO mod. Depth mod is more my gear than any other. and for the record I like the pot... putting it in my amp just seems wrong. I kid!

thanks again people!

Comment

Working...
                                X