Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodgers are in...Yankees? A major market Series...?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers are in...Yankees? A major market Series...?

Seeing the Dodgers earn their berth tonight...made me glad...we're both born in Brooklyn, and now both reside in LA...are the Yanks going to take the Astros out?
    This would make it a real big time Series.
    Both the league championship series are getting huge ratings this year: the Dodgers-Cubs on TBS has averaged 6.4 million viewers, a 73% increase over last year on the network. The Yankees-Astros series is averaging 5.8 million viewers through three games on Fox and FS1, up 57% over 2016.
    GO BIG BLUE!!!
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

I have no issue with the Yankees as a team.

Their fans, however...

It's one of my main peeves with New York. Their motto should be 'Come to New York and hear endlessly about how you'll never be as good as us!'

Not that I didn't love my time living in NYC - the arts, the museums, the schools, the history, Troop 96, etc. It's just not the same as it used to be.*

*now you kids get off my lawn!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

• daddymack
      daddymack commented
      Editing a comment
      and then...the Mets...

• flemtone
      flemtone commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, they got us a day off from school in 1969, so we owe them.

Well, I'm hoping the Dodgers kick their collective butts...even if it is the Astros...[although I realize Houston could use a morale lift]
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Did ya think we'd crumble? Did ya think we'd lay downand die?;

Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 10-20-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• daddymack
        daddymack commented
        Editing a comment
        well, no, but 7 games is a painful price of entry...

As a Giants fan, I hope NY makes it and kicks their Dodgers butts! It will make me smile after a really sh*%$^$ty season for the Gs and their fans.
      NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Yankees going home until next yar

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post
          As a Giants fan, I hope NY makes it and kicks their Dodgers butts! It will make me smile after a really sh*%$^$ty season for the Gs and their fans.
          You do realize where the Giants came from originally...the Polo Grounds of Manhattan [saw them play there when I was about 3-4 years old, Dodgers last season at Ebbets too...I was really too young to remember, but I was told I was at both]...my Grandmother called it the Great Defection [The Dodgers moved after the 57 Season, the Giants moved in 58] where the subway rivalry all started, long before we were born...the Gnats are still jealous that they moved to Soggy Foggy, and the Dodgers wound up in Hollywood.
          Both teams were started in the early 1880s!

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
            Smilin' Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course I know the history of the 2 clubs. I lived in SF 62-65 when the roster included Marichal, Perry, Cepeda, Pagan, the Alou bros, Willie f8765ing Mays !!!!!! and McCovey. As a true Gs fan, I almost always refer to that LA club as "the hated Dodgers." So, as much as it hurts, I will have to cheer for the American League teams in the Series.

I'm a Red Sox fan when I watch a game.

However I have been to the new Yankees Stadium and I must say it's a fabulous ball park. 2 billion gets you a lot of ball park.

9 dollar beers and no waiting line for the rest rooms. 20 dollar burgers at the Hard Rock too. Life is good, life is expense.

I think Tuesday the whole shebang starts.

We have a lil collegiate summer team in town here, pretty much ever game is a sell out.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Tuesday in the Ravine...and it is gonna be hot...90s easy...Dodger bullpen has had plenty of rest...

Comment

Well, crap...split the home games...off to play in the Dome...
              Last edited by daddymack; 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Comment

and on to game 7...this has to be one of the most dramatic and exasperating WS ever...tie scores, comebacks, homers, lack of hits, extra innings, bullpen draining...

Comment

congratulations to the Houston Astros! Well played!

Comment

Working...
                    X