Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tom Petty

Dang! And he wasn't that old!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-pet...is-dead-at-66/
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

You'll be missed, sir!
    SG Army - Major Private

My Gear!1!!!11!1!

Piece of wood with wires on it
    Box with a speaker and some glowy thingies

Comment

Beat me to it by like 3 seconds, Bob!
      SG Army - Major Private

My Gear!1!!!11!1!

Piece of wood with wires on it
      Box with a speaker and some glowy thingies

Comment

last check he was still alive, and UCLA Medical Center...he has a DNR, and the family took him off life support...but still 'clinging t olife'
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
        "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

• Axee-o-matic
          Axee-o-matic commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that earlier. I wish they'd confirm facts before making announcements of this kind. Morons.

Either way it's not good

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

still alive according to my sources at UCLA MC...
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

They took him off life support, as there was no brain activity. That was at 12:30pm Monday.
            Originally posted by MrKnobs
            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

They played "Last Dance With Mary Jane" on the Big Show this morning. I slowed down a little so I could hear it all before I got to work.

Comment

confirmed dead...RIP, TP...your legacy will live on!

Comment

I'm sad again...
                  up and down

Comment

The Waiting came on the radio and I tried to sing along but it was hard with a lump in my throat. Really only John Lennon's death got me emotional but I really loved Tom's work and he was a great guy to cover in different bands. I hate that he had to go so soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X