This forum sure seems slower and more mellow than usual

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum sure seems slower and more mellow than usual

Is everyone feeling alright?

Just found out my best friend from grade school, his brother died. I'm not sure what happened but he's only like 60 and was a pretty good guy... an engineer.

Facebook .... see, people will never call and tell you crap, they just expect that you are planted on facebook and read everything they poast.

That will be all. Thank you for reating htis far.

Same thing happened here. One of my cousins died in April. If you weren't on FacePlant, you just weren't going to find out about it. I was royally pissed that no one had the common decency to call me and let me know.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Sorry about your friend.

Yeah, I know some people who are on Facebook constantly - which is fine - that's their decision. But don't expect that everyone else is going to see every single thing you type in there - some of us have other things to concentrate on; we're not hanging on your every Facebook utterance.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

My condolences.

It's funny that I have not been here in years and decided to pop in today to see how things are going. My main reason is that Facebook is turning into a cesspool of hate and I'm getting tired of the same crap every day...logging in even for a short time leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think I'll hang here again.

Comment

I have been away for years and just stopped by today. I tried to post twice, and waited 5 minutes for it to go through and had to log out and lost the posts. I'd say that is a contributing factor as to why people bail on this forum.

Comment

Task, welcome back!
            As to the posting issues, are you posting from a phone or tablet? Apple or Android?
            I gave up trying to use HC on my phone, it just sux...works great on my PC, with Firefox
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
            "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Working...
            X