No announcement yet.

Can we talk about cannibis here?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we talk about cannibis here?

It's legal now in Nevada. I never thought I'd see it here. Back in the day you could get busted for a seed!
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to report this thread to the cops, because I'm reading it in Kwakkleberry and it's not legal here

Comment

But under the radar, I think eventually it will be legalized and it's not a good thing IMO... I know from personal experience that the intoxicating effect of mixing weed with alcohol is like; 1+1=7
      Last edited by Dr. Tweedbucket; 09-25-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
        Smilin' Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I don't know why you would want to mix the two very much. One might have a beer or glass of wine while the pipes is passed, but nothing more.

Yeah, well my spine is shot - had a cervical fusion about a year ago, and now stenosis of 3, 4 & 5 lumbar verts is really getting me down w/ leg pain and I'm looking at another surgery. I don't like opioids because they make me stupid and highly constipated. It's hard to get out of bed in the am, but stretching and a hot shower loosen things up, and I also have a little trapeze to hang from that helps, so I can get through the day pretty OK, But in the evenings, it all gets cranky again, so a hit or two on the old vaporizer helps. I'm not sure if the smoke is relieving the pain or if it's just relaxing me. but it does help!
      NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

Comment

Smoking a disputable medicinal product doesn't seem like a wise approach to product delivery. If this is really a medicinal, it should be delivered in pill or capsule form.

While I may agree with you that taking marijuanas may have some advantages over opioids, it is also highly addictive.

All that aside, most users are taking marijuanas to get high and not to alleviate pain. Not a good thing having more impaired drivers on the roads.
        Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 09-26-2017, 10:05 AM.
        Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Social drinkers drink enough (glass o' wine; couple a beers) to loosen up and relax - social smokers do the same. I agree that drinking and smoking at the same time is a bad idea. Getting paralyzed behind weed is to me similar to getting falling down drunk - I don't like either state.

Lot's of things are addictive - sugar, sex, alcohol for example. However cannabis doesn't seem to be addictive to me - hell, I've beed smoking since 1961 and I'm not hooked yet!

Of course, I haven't smoked continuously since then. Normally, I use it infrequently. Plenty of long periods (like years) without a toke and never a problem not using it. I don't drive behind it or operate machinery. I don't perform stoned.

Drugs can be delivered in many ways - oral ingestion (pills), nasal inhalation (nose drops), oral inhalation (all kinds of asthma inhalers and vapors), needle injection, and absorption through the skin. Each meets a need; none is necessarily better.
          Last edited by Smilin' Bob; 09-26-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Freewheelin' Frank of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers said it best

Click image for larger version

Name:	BP_204.B_186x194.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	32069630

"smoking pot and drinking beer is like pissin' into the wind'
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
            "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
              Smilin' Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Truer words were never spoken, DM!

Taking marijuanas and crime go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

Comment

I smoked it for about 3 years (17 to 20) and really enjoyed the effects (old school redbud and panama gold). It's like I could get into almost like an acid like state where I was floating or plowing my face through different colored jello (that's just one thing out of many and hard to describe) but a world that I'd never seen before. I could look at my car window and everything would be animated and moving around, I mean it was a constantly changing cartoon screen. These kinds of highs were addictive! If I was partying with other kids, I couldn't go there.... it was a solo flight and I ended up being sort of a partying loner in a way. Of course music was the catalyst that got me there. It could be that because I did acid (only once) it opened a gate that wasn't open before because I don't remember any of the tripping on pot before I did the blotter.

So... then mixing pot with booze was risky and easy to over do it.

I can see pot as being a drug for pain management or other medical purposes ..... it's not all bad. It's just getting addicted to it like I did (yeah, I know, it's not addictive ... but to some it can be).

Comment

I completely agree with you!

Comment

• daddymack
                    daddymack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you are him

I completely agree with you!
                  reported

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket View Post

reported
                    Reported. ;-)
                    Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 09-30-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

High CBD content oils or smokables and edibles are the thing for helping with pain. THC content doesn't really matter. It's the CBDs that do ya good. High CBD comes from somewhat over-ripe buds that are in the process of losing their THC content. I don't know what kind of dispensaries you have in Nevada ... if any yet ... but most will have high CBD products as well as the high THC stuff for the stoners.
                      SG Army - Major Private

My Gear!1!!!11!1!

Piece of wood with wires on it
                      Box with a speaker and some glowy thingies

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
                        Smilin' Bob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, medical marijuana has been legal here for several years, and one can get CBD, but I haven't looked into whether you need a marijuana card or not. I didn't want to a card because I wanted to see how the police would treat card holdring drivers. Besides, you need a Dr. prescription and I mostly go to the VA, who as a Federal agency, won't recognize state law on this. But I'll check it out now.
                        Last edited by Smilin' Bob; 10-01-2017, 08:12 PM.

• Axee-o-matic
                        Axee-o-matic commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Here in CO, at the two Med/Rec dispensaries I've visited, anyway, you don't need a Medical card to purchase CBD or any other type of herb. Just tell the person behind the counter what you want and pay for it.

I can vouch for the effectiveness of the CBD. I've lived with pain since having a falling Peck-O-Matic powertong (somewhere around half a ton of steel and hydraulic fluid) bounce off my lower back in 1982. Then there was the 11 year stretch of the annual, 6 to 12 week long "Headaches from Hell" due to the growing tumor in what passes for a brain in my skull. About 9 years into that a friend who has a friend that grows for the medical industry brought over some CBD oils, smokeables, and edibles because she knew what I was enduring and wanted to help out.

I had tried all of the over the counter pain relievers for the headaches, and the doctors I went to - well, instead of investigating the cause of the headaches they pretty much just wrote a scrip for either migraine meds or general opioid pain meds - and none of that crap worked for me. Opioids would take the pain away but I hated using em.

I filled a small bowl with a little CBD bud right then and there, took two puffs - 5 minutes later, no headache. No opioid side effects. It even calmed my back down from its constant low level pain buzz that I had been living with non stop for 33 years. I'm sold on it. I don't use it to get high, but for the pain relief it brings, in my opinion there's just nothing that compares. YMMV

Ok, some people need the pain relief just to get by. Delimited recreational use OTOH is a mistake.
                      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
                        Smilin' Bob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, everyone gets to have an opinion!

• 1001gear
                        1001gear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just sayin - or maybe I should just say - without the hardship to offset brain candy, you get spoiled brains.

Working...
                    X