No announcement yet.

RIP Jimmy Breslin...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jimmy Breslin...

The man had a way with words, to be sure, earned him a Pulitzer, among other awards; most of all, he chronicled NYC from the street level, with a unmistakable 'Queens' accent.
    I occasionally mention famous people I knew when I was growing up in NYC, one of which were the Breslin family. Rarely saw much of Mr. Breslin, and I had a, well, rather contentious relationship with his twin sons, Kevin and James Jr., who were in my Boy Scout Troop, and best friends with my girlfriend's brother.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley
Working...
X