No announcement yet.

Wise Words Wanted.. 1976 LP Goldtop

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise Words Wanted.. 1976 LP Goldtop

I don't mind the chambers being routed for humbuckers..

Wise words anyone? Seems to be a tempting offer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-GIBSO...0AAOSwal5YCAyn

hmmm...serial number not legible? Routed for full size humbuckers? Personally, I would pass...if they don't have a serial#, how can you prove it is a 1976? Might be a great player, but the value is shot because of the pickup change, IMHO.
    We have an old saying: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I have a '73 LP Deluxe on which the serial number was nearly impossible to read. During one of my "I really need to cut back on the gear" phases, I took some pictures and put them on line. They were huge and the resolution was good enough that I was finally able to read and research the number. I had mine routed for a full sized HB on the bridge, since the mini there was nothing special. I cannot imagine why anyone would take the mini out of the neck position, though. That was really where this guitar shone. Truly a thing of sonic bliss. Anyhoo, you may be able to get some pictures that would let you see the serial number well enough to confirm the vintage. These are great guitars at the price point and there are a lot of them out there. I'd play one that at least had the mini on the neck first, though, before I made up my mind. Good luck!

Comment

Cheers Gents,

I'd love to play and check out more but that's where living in the stix rears its head again..

Gotta take a leap of faith at some point. I'm sure it just dropped from 1899 to 1799??

I'm away for a couple of weeks anyhow so guitar hunting is postponed for me..

Probably do me good to step away !!

I guess the right one comes along when your not looking like all good things..!

Comment

Working...
        X