No announcement yet.

It's 13 below zero outside,

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 13 below zero outside,

....and I haven't posted anything on HC since last May, so here's a picture of my cats.

It's only 16 F in St. Louis and that's cold enough. I feel for you. Cute kitties.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by J Backlund View Post
      ....and I haven't posted anything on HC since last May, so here's a picture of my cats.

Stay warm lil kitty, and you stay warm too.

The brutal cold is coming my way later today.

My kitties are all hunkered down, warm and toasty.

Attached Files

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Welcome back! Where are you where its 13 degrees?
        NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Hey, JB!
          Around here, anything under 45F is 'cold'...heck, I could see my breath last night while I was barbecuing...
          I will assume this will keep you off the bikes until the thaw...
          How did the deal work out with Eastwood?
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post
              Welcome back! Where are you where its 13 degrees?

Summerset, South Dakota, near Rapid City.....and that's 13 degrees BELOW zero.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Fahrenheit

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                  How did the deal work out with Eastwood?
                  Very well, thank you. Just today, they started offering their third 'Backlund' guitar, my model 400, which they are crowd-funding a production run of for the next 45 days. The first two they did, the model 100, and more recently the model 200, sold quite well...I actually made some money on the deal, which is a first for me.

I don't know how well the model 400 will go though. I know there's a lot of interest in it, but it's priced relatively high for an Eastwood guitar at $1349 with the fitted hardcase, but the original J Backlund Design model 400, built in Chattanooga as a custom-order boutique instrument sold for between $4000-$5000, so these are a lot more affordable if someone wants something like it. JBD only made five model 400's over about an eight year span (one of which I now own, #5), so anything is an improvement over that sad situation, and I never saw a nickel out of that effort, and even had to buy my own example of that model, used, from an east coast dealer for $3200 early last year, but it was a major miracle to even find one, so I'm not really complaining.

If my guitars continue to sell reasonably well through Eastwood, I have a formal 'arrangement' to provide at least two marketable guitar designs to them annually, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by J Backlund; 12-19-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Summer here finally!

Comment

• daddymack
                    daddymack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    do you come from a land down under?
                    Today is the Winter Solstice...I must go forth and bathe in the blood of a tree...

• Grant Harding
                    Grant Harding commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I come from the land of the great white north, but my home is in New Zealand.

Christmas at the beach is surreal until it becomes the new normal.

Comment

Must be tough on the reindeer...
                    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Working...
                    X